New PC

alphachimera90

So I am getting a new PC soon and because of the HD configuration simply swapping my HD over to the new computer is not an option. I have skyrim and FO4 heavily modded just the way I like them. My question is this: Is there an easy way to save all my mods, settings etc to a new PC without having to start from scratch? I am particularly worried about how the new Mod Manager stores its files and such

Edited by alphachimera90

What to you mean with "the new Mod Manager" ? Do you switch from Mod Organizer to nmm? Or what's the case?

If you simply want to copy your data I would try it this way:

Copy all folders from you old HD to something like an external drive (or use any other way to port them over to the new HD).

This means: copying your FO4 and Skyrim folder (and the branch in the documents section) and the nmm (?) folder (or multiple folders, depending on how you saved your mods).

On your new pc/hdd redownload Skyrim and Fallout 4 completely new. When finished delete the folders and copy your old files in there. So now your modded game should be working fine on your new pc.

3. (and that's the part where I'm not completely sure, so you should hold your old Backups)

Reinstall nmm and overwrite it with your old nmm files. This way all should be the same as before... at least I believe that :sweat:

I'm not sure if there's an other way, except for reinstalling all the mods. If you have a list with all your mods and the order + the download files stored in the nmm subfolders even this souldn't be very complicated.

But if you switch from one mod manager to an other I'm not sure how it works... Maybe you could clarify the state.

Edited by L3s7ing