Lichdom

pyr0kinetic

Hey guys,

So I've always wondered why Warrior type characters get Lycanthropy, Assassins get Vampirism, but mages don't get anything of the sort?

I'd like to suggest Lichdom - Similar to vampirism you require sustenance to keep yourself more human (but in the form of souls, you should require a human soul i.e. from a black soul gem, or an amount of lesser souls equivalent to the power of a human soul). Bonuses should be general magicka buffs, and on the highest stage ethereality, which should (like ghosts) make you immune (or maybe just resistant for balance) to non-silver and non-enchanted weapons.

Negatives would be similar to vampirism, NPCs would be unfriendly and hostile at higher stages, and you should take damage rather than healing from healing spells (as they tend to be "holy" spells)

Just putting my two cents in - I think this is a great idea and completes the sort of "supernatural power triangle" based upon character class. Because while Vampires tend to make me think of mages, they're actually (as you said) stealth based. Provided a feature completing the triangle isn't added in DLC, this is definitely a great solution. Though I have to say, as a mage, the lack of healing spells seems like it would be crippling (though I'm not much of an alchemist). Sorry I can't be of help, but know that others agree! Hell, I may even make an attempt at this once the Creation Kit comes out.