Scavenger Companion?

Retsam

Has this been done already (successfully)? If so, can someone point me towards it...

I'm a new player. Got Amy Wong companion (she goes on trade routes for me). Great, it's what I wanted (although has a few issues).

Got Dogmeat Leather Armor- Perfect, now he can carry stuff like I want although they could have added a dog toy for pc to drop at "home" and trigger a sandbox for the dog to go lie down and get out of the way!. :)

The last thing I really want is one more companion. Essentially the counterpart to Amy. I call him "Scrappy". A skinny, cowardly dude that will follow you around (loosely) and collect all those loose cans, bottles, and vanilla clutter. He's weak, and survives by working for the hero (maybe with a dog for protection). He can have a brahmin that waits outside for him to unload to. A marker or place to dump everything into for you to sort. If combined with Amy's [Trashcan Marker] the two could clean the wasteland and make you a small fortune without intervention. We'll make him dumb (but crafty?) to explain why he can't pick a single lock (to ensure player gets to). Although after the player unlocks something he can grab the loot for ya.

Lots of other details can go on and on etc. But that's the main idea.

I thought I would try my hand at making a companion, but school is starting back up and I'll be lucky to even get to play much less learn all this.

Cheers