ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

lets talk fantasy, shall we?

lichy123

made a post on beth's forum but won't hurt to make the same thread here, too.

this is a fantasy game, basically.. not real world! there are dragons in the skys damn it!! so lets make a mod that emphasizes that fantasy feeling, but not too much to keep the lore intact.

lets start:

in the night, it would be much more dangerous! werewolves will wonder around and attack you on sight (or sniff)

there is a small chance you will get bitten by a vampire when you sleep. dunno if it exists now since i never encountered it.

i want a dark forest where trees will come to life! and maybe branch it (get it?!) to a quest mod? like an ancient tree that gives you a quest.

i won't share all my ideas coz i wanna see what you think :biggrin:

First Viewer and Reply, and guess what?i'm loving your idea!

That's The kind of Stuff that makes a Core fantasy RPG More realistic, but the only time i saw a talking tree on a bethesda game was at fallout 3, but anyway good idea Can't wait for the CK to release.

in the night, it would be much more dangerous! werewolves will wonder around and attack you on sight (or sniff)

Woudn't most werewolves be hunted? There are groups of people hunting them now, so there really couldn't be too many of them. That said, I wouldn't mind seing some attacking me, and perhaps an Alpha Werewolf could come once in a while. You know, to get some variation.

there is a small chance you will get bitten by a vampire when you sleep. dunno if it exists now since i never encountered it.

Hm... This should only work when you sleep outside. Mostly because there is no way a Vampire could sneak up on you randomly in an Inn or in your house. That said, it could add a nice touch to the game. If you then had a garlic on you, you would lower the risk.

want a dark forest where trees will come to life! and maybe branch it (get it?!) to a quest mod? like an ancient tree that gives you a quest.

You would need a good explanation why the tree is alive. I can see a powerfull mage messed up a spell and it back fired to a tree, giving it the ability to speak and move - albeit slowly.

Now, what we really could need in this game is variation.

We got werewolves? Great, now, where is the Alpha Werewolf? Where is the older werewolves? Actually, where are the werewolves? They are less obvious than vampires, so they could easily be in a village at daytime and just "do an errand" at night times. There could also be "good" werewolves that are normal people and are merely trying to survive.

And we also got Vampires. Nice, too bad I've only seen about 20 in 140 houres. They can also live in towns and feed on animals. Not every vampire needs to be a maniac that wants to kill you.

And where is the Ancient Vampires? The kind of thing you would piss your pants if you found in daggerfall. The kind of Vampires that could feed on dragons if they wanted too.

Generally, I find these 2 aspect to be poorly done. By that I don't mean how it is being a werewolf or a vampire as the player, but how they are generally. Seen any normal people becoming a vampire or werewolf and just strolls whiterun and tries not to murder anything? Nah, it's common knowledge only sadistic maniacs can be a vampire!

Meh, there is so much that needs to be done to this game.

well.. i see vampires all the time.. to bad they are represented in such a crappy way you probably thought they were necromancers and didn't read the word vampire in their name. try looking in caves.

there IS a quest involving a vampire and the whole seduction thing. also the said vampire quest is connected to an "alpha vampire" which is kind of an ancient vampire tho he too weak to be considered one (he was so easy it was like fighting a normal vampire)

werewolves? there is a daedric prince quest involving an innocent guy who turned into a werewolf because of a ring and it made him kill a girl. but yeah other than that and the companions they are no where to be seen.

a reason for the magical forest? magic? i don't have to explain magical things :O but i guess you can say it was an experiment gone wrong. and its not just a tree, its a forest. and the only move sometimes and most of the time they are just trees.

im just throwing ideas not the whole mod.. dangerous nights with werewolves is just a start, you can take it from there to 100 different places.

edit: and do you really think a vampire can't make it's way into an inn or your house and bite you? they are masters of shadows, seduction and what not..

Edited by lichy123

to bad they are represented in such a crappy way you probably thought they were necromancers and didn't read the word vampire in their name. try looking in caves.

Sadly I have. So far I've had 2 caves of vampire, no more.

also the said vampire quest is connected to an "alpha vampire" which is kind of an ancient vampire tho he too weak to be considered one (he was so easy it was like fighting a normal vampire)

My point exactly. Ever played daggerfall? I doubt it. Those Ancient Vampires would scare the crap out of you unless you were prepared in full dadreic. I talk about them killing you in seconds. Also, Tamriel old, and there have been vampires for just as long. There should be a lot of ancient vamires.

werewolves? there is a daedric prince quest involving an innocent guy who turned into a werewolf because of a ring and it made him kill a girl. but yeah other than that and the companions they are no where to be seen.

Which isnt my point. I talk about random people in a village. Not every vampire or Werewolf need to be quest-related.

a reason for the magical forest? magic? i don't have to explain magical things :O but i guess you can say it was an experiment gone wrong. and its not just a tree, its a forest. and the only move sometimes and most of the time they are just trees.

A forest doesn't turn to a living speaking forest without reason. You'd need magic quite strong, matching the power of the daedric princes. And exept our good Sheogorath, no dadreic prince would be interested in trees. It needs some relevance to something, otherwise it becomes a non-lore mod - at which it would become nothing but silly.

im just throwing ideas not the whole mod

And I am joining you with ideas. This is the Mod Talk forum after all, so I assumed thats why you posted it.

edit: and do you really think a vampire can't make it's way into an inn or your house and bite you? they are masters of shadows, seduction and what not..

Who would you bite: The 12 random villagers that sleeps, or the heavily armed demi god that is trained to wake up any second? Nothing but a suicidal vampire, or somebody having a grudge against you, would want to go for the armed guy. That said, this could give another layer of depth: The higher level, the less chance you'd get bitten inside a village/city. That's logical, since Vampires are still humans. They only got a few new benefits, followed by some disadvantages. They feel fear and all that.

Edited by Matth85

good points, tho i agreed with you on the vampire thing in the first place.

many daedric princes find annoying and torturing us humans funny and fun, so making an enchanted forest isn't far fetched. also there are many reckless mage circles that can try to pull a powerful magic that will backfire. or maybe they are just magical creatures that never were trees, just looked like it. like the Spriggans, which from what i understand are tree spirits. maybe even saying the trees are possessed by evil spirits. or they are minions of a powerful warlock who lives in a high castle.

heres another idea.. GHOSTS. i love ghosts, and i loved all the ghost related quests even if they kinda sucked. maybe when you sleep a ghost will wake you up asking for your help? or when you reach a graveyard ghosts will come to steal your soul?

OOOOORRR... taking the witcher's storyline.. implant the wild hunt idea into the game as a random encounter? hearing loud horse noises, you look into the skies and 5 skeletal riders descend from the sky and try to kidnap you. if you kill them, more will come in the future, if you fail to kill them, you faint (not die!) and wake up in another dimension where you need to escape. now that is an epic quest.

Edited by lichy123

The werewolf thing is pretty cool. i would like to see random encounters with some.

The alpha werewolf thing is kinda weird, it wouldn't stick to the lore of TES or normal werewolf lore.

TES' lore sticks entirely to the fact that vampires are fiendish. The reason why they dont live in towns is simply because it isnt hard to notice a vampire. If you've played most aspects of the game now, everyone is quick to say someone is a necromancer or some other ridiculous rumor. He would be killed very quickly. Now for the morthal quest involving the ancient vampire, the lady he seduced didn't look like one, because when they feed on the blood of man/mer it returns them to look normal. She was seducing men and then feeding on them. However, if the person was not a seductress, people would catch on very quickly if people are randomly going missing or waking up with bite marks in their neck. Therefore, vampires tend to live in caves so they can ambush travelers safely.

I also want to add, that ever since the oblivion crisis, the followers of stendarr have hunted and killed all creatures like these. It is even stated in parts of the game that most of the ancient vampires have been hunted and killed, therefore, not many ancient vampires.

Talking trees would be legit, it probably wouldnt be hard to put a mesh of one over top a normal NPC skeleton.

Edited by eltacobueno

The alpha werewolf thing is kinda weird, it wouldn't stick to the lore of TES or normal werewolf lore.

It would fit prefectly to lore. An Alpha werewolf is simply the pack leader, or the boss. Most likely from the oldest generation of werewolf, so they have learned to controll the rage and power of the gift/curse. They have, however, problems staying in human form and will only rarely be seen as an old man.

How would it not fit the TES lore or werewolf lore? It fits both perfectly.

TES' lore sticks entirely to the fact that vampires are fiendish

TES lore says nothing of what a Vampire is, just how they become. Vampirism and Lycanthropes is transfered via a disease, which was made by a dadreic prince - which name escape me as of now. Which means there is no requirement to be a sadistic maniac. There is nothing in lore saying: "Yeah, only murderers get vampirism or become a werewolf. Yup. Totally."

No, they can easily be normal people who just want to survive.

Vampires of The Elder Scrolls derive themselves from real-life lore, with many myths and characteristics expanded upon and/or exaggerated. In summary, the vampires of Tamriel are undead, diseased persons who possess dark gifts that lead to them being hated, hunted, and misunderstood by the living. Whether they consider themselves cursed or blessed, or whether they have given into their animalistic instincts or have sought to rid the world of the disease, vampires are nonetheless considered abominations.

As we can see from this quote, from the wiki: Vampires goes to the side of the undead, but still got human feelings. They are considered abominations, which is my point. Why can't random Joe be a Vampire just because he isn't a bandit living in a cave?

Not all of them have to feed on humans and start murdering. All that is needed is blood, which can be gotten from animals.

The reason why they dont live in towns is simply because it isnt hard to notice a vampire

Only if they do not feed. One could easily feed on animals and what-not. There could also be quest around a town protecting, say, a child who was bitten by a vampire. He would be harmless and only want to survive, and now struggle with random dudes trying to murder him for no reason, and the infinite struggle to need to feed.

I also want to add, that ever since the oblivion crisis, the followers of stendarr have hunted and killed all creatures like these. It is even stated in parts of the game that most of the ancient vampires have been hunted and killed, therefore, not many ancient vampires.

But they are there, which is the point. There is no way 2 followers could take down an Ancient Vampire. The power they got are suppose to be unmatched by anyone who isn't demigods - which the player alway seem to be. Try Daggerfall, and you will see it. If an Anciet Vampire decides to go your way, and you are not prepared, you might aswell reload an older save.

As of now it is just boring. You are the only, possibly, "good" vampire and the only one being werewolf are the companions. There are Ancient Vampires around and there are other werewolves around.