Cidhna Mine Crash

Denners

Cidhna Mine is broken for me, and I've reached a dead end in trying to fix it. I started Skyrim:SE again with quite a lot of mods, and finished the Forsworn Conspiracy quest with no issues. Although, when the guards try to take me to jail, my game crashes immediately when I load into the Mine. The game crashes straight to the desktop even before receiving No One Leaves Cidhna Mine. My game even crashes when I enter the Mine through the front entrance as well, although it only crashes when I walk past or up the wooden bridge. Teleporting in with commands also does not help as it just immediately crashes as well.

Active mods: Lanterns of Skyrim

Campfire

RSkyrimChildren

ApachiiHair

Unofficial Skyrim SE Patch

Cutting Room Floor

Immersive Sounds

Enhanced Lights and FX

Castle Volkihar Rebuilt

InnCredible

Immersive Citizens AI Overhaul

Relationship Dialogue Overhaul

No Snow under the Roof

Book Covers Skyrim

Reverb and Ambiance Overhaul

Your Own Thoughts

Organized Bandits

Man Those Borders

Ordinator

Thunderchild

SkyTEST

MrBs Unique Loot

Better Harvesting

Immersive Armors

Point the Way

Simply Bigger Trees

Fem Armor Overhaul

Run for your Lives

Static Mesh Improvement Mod

Ars Metallica

WeightLessAll

Vivid Weathers

Darkwater Crossing

Immersive Wenches

Shor's Stone

Immersive Patrols II

Ivarstead

Frostfall

Kynesgrove

Karthwasten

Soljund's Sinkhole

Blacksmith Forge Water Fix

Notice Board

Orc Hearthfire

Apocalypse Magic

Wet and Cold

Unread Books Glow

Better Quest Objectives

The Paarthumax Dilemma

Map Markers Complete

Wildcat

Enhanced Blood Textures

Belt Fastened Quivers

Diverse Dragons Collection

When Vampires Attack

True Eyes

Realistic Ragdolls and Force

Amazing Follower Tweaks

Modern Brawl Bug Fix

True Brows

Lore Based Loading Screens

Rich Merchants

Player Shadows

Realistic Voice

Improved Horse Step Sounds

Barenziah Quest Markers

NB Scars

Run and Walk paces

Morthal Mill Fix

Standing Stones

Scoped Bows

Acquisitive Soul Gems

Whistle

No Spinning Death

Unique Uniques

Unrelenting Force 200x

Bandolier

Darker Nights

FNIS

XPMSE

Open Cities Skyrim

Alternate Start

Cidhna Mine continues to crash even with already existing and new characters. I've also relentlessly tried messing around with my mods to see if it fixes it, although the only progress that I've noticed is by disabling the Unofficial Patch and mods that require it, but that only lets walk around for around 2-4 minutes and talk to the first two characters (even getting half-way through a brawl with Borkul) before crashing.

Sorry for the long post, but if anyone would know how to help me with this problem, I would really appreciate it, as it would be a shame to be unable to finish this storyline.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

This is kinda late, but I recently started playing SKSE again & I've encountered the same issue. My game always crashes once the guard wants to imprison me.

I've found out that the problem lies in the script for the quest that requires the player to be stripped off of all their items. So even before I went into the temple, I checked by going into console command & typed "player.removeallitems", my game crashes. So I knew that that's the problem.

So, I'm not a programmer & I don't know s#*! on how to fix it, so I just uninstalled ALL of my mods & plugins. After backing up my saves, (just copy & paste them somewhere safe) I then re-installed my Skyrim SE game (going to Steam library -> Right Clicking Skyrim SE -> Properties -> Local files -> Verify Integrity of game files -> Done.

Uninstalling all of the mods requires alot more details that is specific to each mod player, so I can't share my steps. For me, what I did was make sure my SKSE Script Extender, FNIS, XP32 MSSE, UNP & Unofficial SSE Patch are all uninstalled & completely deleted from the SKSE folder. Then, I reinstalled all of them properly (the latest version of all), restart my last saved game & bam, works better than before.

Try Console command: player.removeallitems again & see if it works. Mine did :)

Another way to bypass this without messing up your mods, is just to remove all of your items into a chest (e.g. the 1 in breeze home), then teleport back to the quest area. All you need is your spells to get through the quest anyway. I haven't tried this before, but it should solve the removeallitems script.

Cheers~

• 2 months later...

I tried that, removing all of my items into a container, but it didn't work. I still had plenty of quest items that i couldnt do anything about so it could be those. Although, even when I still had my normal equipment and did the player.removeallitems commands, it worked fine but still crashed while going into Cidhna Mine

• 5 months later...

I ran into the same problem with Sheogorath's quest. Indeed, the culprit here is how the game crashes when the player has too many items in their inventory. Luckily this time, I had already completed Molag Bol's quest. So I could use the chest in Abandoned House to dump everything. Afterwards, Escape from Cidhna Mine played though smoothly.

TLDR;

Dump all your items somewhere before the game is going to remove all your inventory

• 1 year later...