Is this how creating a bashed patch works in Wrye bash? (mod organizer)

lv1234

1. so if i don't have mergable plugins now, chances are I will later as I keep downloading mods for my game?

2.So pretty much the bashed patch merges mods that conflict with each other because they do similar things and merges the mods so that they can easily work together without any conflict?

So pretty much use the bashed patches to clear up any conflicts and allow similar mods doing the similar things to work together?...Right after that do you simply just run the game through wyre bash or just your mod manager right after that?

1. I really don't know. It completely depends on what mods you happen to use further down the road. I myself have only found very select few which are actually completely mergeable (-marked mergeable- in Wrye Bash). But yes, of course, you happening upon some of them later on definitely is a possibility.

2. The Bashed Patch isolates the important parts of the mods, as instructed to by the Bash Tags set in their descriptions (As far as I know BOSS will add the tags from its suggestions automatically while run, but don't quote me on it), and compiles them all into the Bashed Patch at the end. Everything important that's lost throughout working down the load order and encountering overriding plugins will thus be re-introduced at the end of your load order and as such "survive".

Once the Bashed Patch was created, you can run your game through any means you like. It's just another plugin, like we already said.

Alright, So after I am finished with my bashed patch, i should be able to still launch the game with the bashed patches and my game should run fine?

Also could you answer my previous questions in my previous comment please? Just to make things clear with me :smile:

If your game runs fine or not is determined by several more points than just that, but yes, after you compiled the Bashed Patch and it's enabled in your load order and at the proper place, you can run your game by any means you want at any time.

Just keep in mind to re-compile your Bashed Patch at every point when your load order changes, either due to you adding or removing mods, or even only due to you, or a tool, altering only the order, because you found a plugin not sitting right, or a sorting tool's suggestions have changed, or whatever. When the list or order changes, the Bashed Patch has to be re-compiled to accommodate to that.

• 2 years later...

Good day to everyone. I've decided not to create a new topic with similar question but to continue this one though it has not been updated for more than two years. So to the matter at hand.

Should I build Bashed Patch for this modlist and if yes then which checkboxes should be activated (or should I leave them set by default)?

00  Oblivion.esm
01  Open Cities Resources.esm  [Version 4.1.7]
02  Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esm  [Version 1.5.5]
03  RealisticLeveling.esm
04  Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp  [Version 3.5.5]
05  Oblivion Citadel Door Fix.esp
06  DLCShiveringIsles.esp
07  Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp  [Version 1.5.9]
08  FormID Finder4.esp
09  DLCHorseArmor.esp
0A  DLCHorseArmor - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.9]
0B  DLCOrrery.esp
0C  DLCOrrery - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.7]
0D  DLCVileLair.esp
0E  DLCVileLair - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.11]
0F  DLCMehrunesRazor.esp
10  DLCMehrunesRazor - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.7]
11  DLCSpellTomes.esp
12  DLCSpellTomes - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.1]
13  DLCThievesDen.esp
14  DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.15]
15  DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch - SSSB.esp  [Version 1.0.14]
16  Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul.esp  [Version 1.5.5]
17  OOO-No_Guild_Ownership.esp  [Version 1.33]
18  DLCBattlehornCastle.esp
19  DLCBattlehornCastle - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.12]
1A  DLCFrostcrag.esp
1B  DLCFrostcrag - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.0.10]
1C  OCOD+FrostcragSpire Patch.esp
1D  Knights.esp
1E  Knights - Unofficial Patch.esp  [Version 1.1.8]
1F  OCC-KOTN-Patch.esp  [Version 3.1]
20  Oscuro's_Oblivion_Overhaul - Knights of Nine.esp
21  Open Cities New Sheoth.esp  [Version 2.0.2]
22  Open Cities Classic.esp  [Version 4.1.7]
23  Open Cities Outer Districts.esp  [Version 4.1.7]
24  OCC-OOO-Patch.esp  [Version 3.0]
25  Harvest [Flora].esp  [Version 3.0.0]
26  Harvest [Flora] - Shivering Isles.esp  [Version 3.0.0]
27  Harvest [Flora] - DLCVileLair.esp  [Version 3.0.0]
28  Harvest [Flora] - DLCFrostcrag.esp  [Version 3.0.0]
29  Toggleable Quantity Prompt.esp  [Version 3.2.0]
2A  OOOShiveringIsles.esp
2B  OOOSIArcheryPatch.esp
2C  Bashed Patch, 0.esp

There are also Darnified UI + Color Map (both installed with OBMM) which don't have esp plugins and RAEVWD + RAEVWD SI Edition (both installed with Master Wizard in Wrye Bash, without esp plugins).