Item Icons coming up as randomly coloured squares

ContagiousCure

Hi everyone. Recently I reinstalled Oblivion and created a new game. One of the mods of reinstalled was Reaper's Necromancer Tower mod (found at http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35602). I remember when I first played the mod everything worked fine. However after the reinstallation, some of the icons from that mod now show up as randomly coloured squares (the pattern and colour of the squares change with every game load/reload). The Mod comes with a BSA and I unpacked it and checked out all the problematic .dds icons with Paint.NET and everything looks fine. I then went into the construction tool to see if they were directed at the right place and sure enough they were. But one thing I did notice from the construction set was that the problematic icons, had a black background behind the weapon/armor icon while the ones that appeared properly in game had the cream yellow background the same as the vanilla item icons. I can't figure out why it's treating some of these icons differently the other icons in the same mod since they all show up fine in Paint.NET. The actual item textures show up fine as well, so it's just their icons.

I remember this having occured with some vanilla oblivion items when I played the game years ago but that issue usually solved itself when you close oblivion and restart it again. This time, the issue is specific to the items introduced by this mod. I'm thinking the Mod itself is fine but i'm missing some configuration or tweaking. Anyone got a clue?

I've attached an example screenshot of what I mean.

Edited by ContagiousCure

That usually happens when the icons are created for a specific graphic resolution preset that you aren't using (i.e the icons were made for the "High" graphics setting only and you're using "Medium" or "Low"). You can usually fix that by re-saving each offending icon while generating mipmaps for them. The icons won't display in the CS afterwards (and you'll get an error message that's safe to ignore), but they will display in game. Edited by The_Vyper