"Romance Mod" (if you are into modding, please read this!)

NathanRyan

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unlikely. I think they are more concerned with actual game design than the actions of the adults who play their games.

The bosmer (don't care about khajit) do believe in at least many of the 8 divines. On top of this there are bosmer who have married.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Heinrich_Oaken-Hull

"Heinrich Oaken-Hull, a Nord pirate, is a captain and shipmaster residing in his hometown Anvil while his ship is being refitted. He is married to Hasathil, a Bosmer, and.."

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Bosmer

"..Obviously Y'ffre is their most important and perhaps bizarre god, though the Bosmeri pantheon includes many other strange deities. They are one of the few who worship the trickster Baan Dar.[18] Like the Nords, they worship the Daedra Herma-Mora.[18] They also worship the moon gods Jone and Jode, as well as many of the more typical members of the Nine Divines."

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Bosmer

This one, although I never use this for actual research I will use it in this case, actually lists the gods that bosmer believe in and or worship. The list is located at the bottom, and it includes mara.

I think this would suggest that they are more like hippies and believe in communities more than, pairs, partners, or specifically monogamous relationships. Maybe it is just the ritual or official status of marriage that they do not believe in. I don't care enough to research that.

I was bored, I am just sitting at work waiting for something to troubleshoot.

Just throwing this out there:

Having every single love interest be bi-sexual / blind to the gender of the character is a little off to me. And wouldn't it be an additional fun puzzle, AND more immersive / mysterious / like real life if the romance interests had preferences that you would need to suss out over the course of the courtship quest?

Sure, maybe make a few of them bisexual. But I think there should be some that want the opposite sex to marry, some that are gay. It leads to more character depth and realism, and to the potential heartbreak when you get to the stage with your chosen one only to find out that they don't swing your way :(

Not everyone in the real world is ready to marry anyone who comes along regardless of their gender, it seems strange to have it work this way in the game!

And what if I really like a character, but she's not into women? I'm not opposed to heartbreak in a romance mod, but it should be because of story and drama, not because I created the wrong character. Realism only goes so far. The ability to romance the character I actually like far outweighs suspension of disbelief. And that's not even that big a deal, because I'm probs not going to go around investigating every single option with any single PC. I'll only know that the one I'm interested in goes either way, and it doesn't even come up with anyone else.

Once the CK is released and this MOD project needs a scripter let me know.

I started out learning programming back on TESIII Toolset. Since then I've gone to college and learned C++ and java.

I see both sides of it. I think it makes the most sense to have one or two be heterosexual or homosexual, but if you happen to be the wrong gender you can always use the console of course but you could also convince them to be your "platonic lover" if you will. Best friends or whatever and just move in together.