How is it POSSIBLE that I'm not getting 60fps AT LEAST with my rig

You're settings are too high. The mods have a finger in the pie too because most modders don't take the perspective of an actual developer in that art content should be optimized acording to industry standards. Also BF3 isn't a 10 square mile persistant worldspace RPG. You should only use the settings that provide smooth physics, animation, and travel. Not what provides the most detail.

• 1 month later...
I have a Phenom 2 940 BE clocked at 3.4ghz, 4gigs, 6870 clocked 950/1150, 2 hard drives and 7200rpm and one used for virtual memory and I can barely keep it above 35 outside in New Vegas and when inside it goes to 40 but I capped it at 40 due to all the Mods. Most intensive is NMC medium textures, FNV shaders, Dynavision2, and then add all the other stuff on top of that and I guess it drags it down. I have read and tried different tweaks, but to much data being pumped to get a smooth perfect flow going in game play. It stutters here and there and while I could cut back...I just can't cause it looks damn good. I can honestly say it looks as good or better as some of the top games right now...cough cough....BF3 and Skyrim. My guess is from what I read FONV was not really optimized to a full extent, so you add high grade modes on top of that and its not the smoothest engine going. I mean NMC medium textures are actually the size of the entire game of FONV on disk almost so you know the amount of data going with 20+ mods loaded is enormous. Memory and a Fast card are nice, but no matter what PC you have you most likely have to pump at 7200rpm which is like everyone else. You could see about SSD and it might make a difference but reliability on those is questionable in reviews? Just my 2 cents.

FNV players are lucky, comparatively - I dug up Morrowind recently and started playing a bit for nostalgia value (Skyrim is just so bad). Now with MGE XE, SSAO, 3D vertex water. Can't squeeze out any more than 15 to 20 fps in Balmora... now that's slow.

Delfs1970: Try installing Poco Bueno textures. They look better than NMC's in just about every single aspect. There are fewer textures, but they are all created with more attention to detail. You could remove NMC pack completely, or install Poco Bueno on top of it.

I run all my games off SSD, it doesn't help the framerates measurably at all. Maybe loading times a little. Even a 5400rpm HDD is not the bottleneck in games.

Dual GPU cards have 2 GPU chips in essentially the same way that multi-core CPUs do

This is an old post, but just to avoid misleading anyone, no. Dual-GPU cards are just regular chips with SLI or Crossfire packaged on one PCB. On software and driver levels, they are two video devices, and work the same way.

• 3 weeks later...

Try turning off Project Reality and see how it goes. :thumbsup:

I second that ^^ It is the FIRST thing you should try!

It has an annoying bug where it leaves some imagespacemodifiers on after certain weathers from time to time. Do a clean save and then re-enable it and repeat this from time to time. Doing that doubled my fps.

Are your .ini files set well?

Defrag the entire Fallout New Vegas folder too.

• 2 months later...