Morrowind over Oblivion

eregor2

I went to the fort, got her father's amulet, and brought it back. Is a bug stopping the quest for you, or were you unsure where to go?

Dagail doesnt see that I bring the amulet so the mage quests stop right there for me, this is a major bug. Striker tried to help but to no result. That's the main reason why I am disapointed at Oblivion so I hope they release a new patch to fix this, in the meantime I will read about the others quests available for me.

Edited by eregor2

They certainly won't release a new patch; the last one came out a few years ago I think. It sucks though when you get a bug like that in any game :(

I remember I bought Mass Effect (very excited about it) only to realize that because I have Windows 7, it crashes at one place a few minutes after starting a new game. It's just that one place too, I think, since I downloaded a couple save games and anything past that is--- wait... idea...

What if you post your save game to the Nexus for download? I could try to play it just long enough to finish that quest (hopefully the bug doesn't happen for me, it didn't on my other profiles), and if I can finish the quest I could post it back for you to download and you could continue with the game. As far as I know, it's not against the rules. Maybe you don't want to go through the work of doing that, but if you'd like to try it, I'd help. There's no sure way to know it would even work, since your save game might be bugged though. Once again though, if you don't feel like going to the trouble, that's fine.

I went to the fort, got her father's amulet, and brought it back. Is a bug stopping the quest for you, or were you unsure where to go?

Just curious, right after you pickup the amulet as you are leaving and reach the top of the stairs were you apprached by a mage who attempts to take the amulet away from you? You must fight him before you leave the fort.

Just curious, right after you pickup the amulet as you are leaving and reach the top of the stairs were you apprached by a mage who attempts to take the amulet away from you? You must fight him before you leave the fort.

yes I fight the mage (kalthar was his name if i recall) and defeated him of course :)

is when I meet Dagail after that thats the problem start.

They certainly won't release a new patch; the last one came out a few years ago I think. It sucks though when you get a bug like that in any game :(

I remember I bought Mass Effect (very excited about it) only to realize that because I have Windows 7, it crashes at one place a few minutes after starting a new game. It's just that one place too, I think, since I downloaded a couple save games and anything past that is--- wait... idea...

What if you post your save game to the Nexus for download? I could try to play it just long enough to finish that quest (hopefully the bug doesn't happen for me, it didn't on my other profiles), and if I can finish the quest I could post it back for you to download and you could continue with the game. As far as I know, it's not against the rules. Maybe you don't want to go through the work of doing that, but if you'd like to try it, I'd help. There's no sure way to know it would even work, since your save game might be bugged though. Once again though, if you don't feel like going to the trouble, that's fine.

That's kind of you really, tell me what to do exaclty and I'll upload my saved game there, hope it will work!

yes I fight the mage (kalthar was his name if i recall) and defeated him of course :)

Heard of this years ago. Most situations had to do with not allowing Klathor to talk to you and attack you first before killing him. After killing Klathor your quest log should update with" I've defeated Kalthar, who was attempting to manipulate Dagail. I need to give her this information immediately." If your log does not update correctly you can open the console and use setstage command to force complete the stage or you can force complete the quest also.

One other thing this bug is fixed by the Unofficial Oblivion Patch. You can find the patch here http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=5296. Download and install it. it will fix a lot of stuff.

Edited by macole

Heard of this years ago. Most situations had to do with not allowing Klathor to talk to you and attack you first before killing him. After killing Klathor your quest log should update with" I've defeated Kalthar, who was attempting to manipulate Dagail. I need to give her this information immediately." If your log does not update correctly you can open the console and use setstage command to force complete the stage or you can force complete the quest also.

One other thing this bug is fixed by the Unofficial Oblivion Patch. You can find the patch here http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=5296. Download and install it. it will fix a lot of stuff.

I did receive the update that I needed to met with Dagail immedialty but thats doesnt work and someone told me that I cant install the unnoficial patch once the officials ones have patched the game but thanks for trying to help me.

We meant the opposite. :mellow: You need the game to be updated fully before you can install the Unofficial Patch. You said installing it didn't work though?

Anyway, if I was in your position I'd probably read the install directions very carefully and try to install the unofficial patch again. I'm not sure how to advance the quest through the console, but you could try that as well if you find out.

If you want to try the save game thing (which I'm not sure will work) upload a file on the Nexus with your save game. You can find your saves at:

Documents > My Games > Oblivion > Saves

If you send me a link, I'll assume you want me to try to finish that quest. Also, if you're carrying any modded equipment on your character or have any modded companions following you it would be a good idea to tell me about it so that I can avoid them being deleted as soon as I load the game. I have the Unoffical Patch working, so there's a pretty good chance this is possible I think.

Edited by Rennn