Morrowind over Oblivion

eregor2

We meant the opposite. :mellow: You need the game to be updated fully before you can install the Unofficial Patch. You said installing it didn't work though?

Anyway, if I was in your position I'd probably read the install directions very carefully and try to install the unofficial patch again. I'm not sure how to advance the quest through the console, but you could try that as well if you find out.

If you want to try the save game thing (which I'm not sure will work) upload a file on the Nexus with your save game. You can find your saves at:

Documents > My Games > Oblivion > Saves

If you send me a link, I'll assume you want me to try to finish that quest. Also, if you're carrying any modded equipment on your character or have any modded companions following you it would be a good idea to tell me about it so that I can avoid them being deleted as soon as I load the game. I have the Unoffical Patch working, so there's a pretty good chance this is possible I think.

I d/led the unoficial patch again and installed it, now this time my game work, I went to see Dagail again but she still dont see I have the amulet on me. I will try to send my saved game so you can see by yourself, if it work I will be back to tell you the name of the file. thanks for the time invested for me.

We meant the opposite. :mellow: You need the game to be updated fully before you can install the Unofficial Patch. You said installing it didn't work though?

Anyway, if I was in your position I'd probably read the install directions very carefully and try to install the unofficial patch again. I'm not sure how to advance the quest through the console, but you could try that as well if you find out.

If you want to try the save game thing (which I'm not sure will work) upload a file on the Nexus with your save game. You can find your saves at:

Documents > My Games > Oblivion > Saves

If you send me a link, I'll assume you want me to try to finish that quest. Also, if you're carrying any modded equipment on your character or have any modded companions following you it would be a good idea to tell me about it so that I can avoid them being deleted as soon as I load the game. I have the Unoffical Patch working, so there's a pretty good chance this is possible I think.

I d/led the unoficial patch again and installed it, now this time my game work, I went to see Dagail again but she still dont see I have the amulet on me. I will try to send my saved game so you can see by yourself, if it work I will be back to tell you the name of the file. thanks for the time invested for me.

I went and found the saved game where I'm standing in front of Dagail, let me know how to upload it to the nexus, I've checked and dont know how to do it.

the name of the file is: Save 136 - Eregor - Leyawiin Mages Guild, Level 22, Playing Time 78.21.50

Edited by eregor2

If my assumption is correct, you fill out the required information, then, after your file is posted, you go in later and add the file for download, similarly to how viewers would add an image to the mod, or a comment. That explains why there's no immediate option for choosing a file before you submit the mod. The actual file is added by you after you submit your 'mod'.

If my assumption is correct, you fill out the required information, then, after your file is posted, you go in later and add the file for download, similarly to how viewers would add an image to the mod, or a comment. That explains why there's no immediate option for choosing a file before you submit the mod. The actual file is added by you after you submit your 'mod'.

Rennn, where I must go, I dont know, give a url, I'm not that accostumed with nexus. :O)

or give me a email where I can sent it, more easy that way. my live email (more secure) is ...erased for security.

I'm waiting until you send me a ok for the file, I will log often to know if you posted, thanks! :O)

Edited by eregor2

I don't remember really having any broken quests in Morrowind. There were probably some broken quests in vanilla Oblivion, but I can't remember them. The very first time I played Skyrim, the main quest broke, and I had a horrible time fixing it. I spent more than a half hour trying various console code combinations and testing before I hit the right combination.

The thing that went wrong, is that an essential quest-giver got mad at me. I don't know why for sure. I might have hit her with a stray spell during a wild three-way battle between my party, the Forsworn, and a Dragon. But she would attack me mercilessly every time she saw me. She would not accept my yield, or calm down, even if I ran away and hid from her for a whole day. She was essential and couldn't even be killed. But that would have been pointless, because I kept needing to talk to her about the main quest, and couldn't do that if she was dead or disabled.

So in my limited experience, Skyrim has buggier quests than Morrowind and Oblivion.

Alright, my email is:

deleted

It'll be easier to get the file directly, I guess. I'll send it back if I'm able to complete that quest. It may still be bugged, but I'll try.

Edited by Rennn

Alright, my email is:

deleted.

It'll be easier to get the file directly, I guess. I'll send it back if I'm able to complete that quest. It may still be bugged, but I'll try.

I've just send the saved game trought my main email which is under my wife name, Lisette P... I forget to put a title so dont be afraid of opening it :)

thanks Rennn for trusting me.

Edited by eregor2

Alright, my email is:

deleted.

Rennn, you should edit your msg and delete your email for security, you never know, I did with mine.

Edited by eregor2