Skyrim Hangs on Loading Screen when save point is outside

adwath

Perhaps this was mentioned already; however, I also had this issue a few days ago and cleaned my save with skyrim save cleaner. http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/31724//?

It made a huge difference and my game no longer freezes during loading

I used this mod to clean a save that was CTDing due to me removing several mods, it worked real well, so well in fact that I lost all my upgrades to breesy home, no big deal since I currently live in Riften with my three house carls

• 4 weeks later...

I figured out. Just delete uLockedObjectMapLOD=8 line and that's all.

Those lines were from A Quality World Map - With Roads, in which the author said:

uLockedObjectMapLOD=8
(loads objects such as waterfalls, etc) (may not work for some people) (has no affect on classic maps)

The author said 'may not work for some people' and it seems that I and many are among those 'some people'.

• 2 months later...

I'm sorry to revive this after so long, but i have the same problem but it only happens when my character is a YgNord (Vampire) from the Enhanced Character Edit mod. I really like the appearance of this race and use it for PC Exclusive animation, so i hate to drop it. Does anybody have any suggestions/theories/etc?

• 5 months later...

I have the same problem. Finndo77's 'workaround' on page 3 is what I've been forced to do. If I ever try to load exterior save file when first launching the game - 90% of the time it is an infinite load screen. I always have to load an interior first, then go to exterior save. It's really annoying but I haven't been able to fix it with .ini tweaks or disabling mods, even disabling A Quality World Map.

Well guys (and gals), my problem is infinite loading screen when I attempt to fast travel. Don't have a clue what's wrong. My game is heavily modded, but master files are clean, no dirty edits, all notices have been taken care of. Yet I can't find a single thread about not being able to fast travel when searching the net. Can someone help? I imagine it's covered in the above comments, somewhere but I'm kinda clueless. Thanks!

• 1 year later...

Well guys, I found my issue and I'm happy to share my solution if anyone else is having this issue (loading screen stays loading FOREVER once saved outside like exteriors or for me WAS ONLY SKYRIM SAVES.) DELETE skyrim.ini and skyrimpref.ini (mine was located in my documents/mygames/skyrim.) DELETE THEM; dont be scared lol or just move them out. Load skyrimlauncher.exe and let the thing detect your hardware. now at this point if u have enb disable AA and AF and in advanced i found that i can have everything to max except the distant object detail. Anything above LOW for DISTANT OBJECT DETAIL (TAB) would CAUSE INF. LOAD SCREEN. Hopes this helps anyone. I have about 180+ mods... ENB REALVISION. Highly recommended to clean your stuff.. i didnt.. i have 180 plus mods and its just a matter of knowing which mods will work with eachother and not. read them descriptions ;)

• 7 months later...

Another alternative : when you are the load screen after you start the game, open the console and type coc qasmoke which takes you to a place where the game can fully load without having to actually do anything. After the mods stop giving you messages, you can then load your game. Solved this problem for me at least :)