[REQ] Smithing perk reallocation

mrjentipede

I always thought the smithing perks were poorly planned out and I think this would make a lot more sense, requiring more perks for daedric smithing and giving advanced armour to both branches.

Could someone possibly make a mod in this way? I know the whole constellation is now messed up but that suits me. Thanks in advance.

http://i.imgur.com/yD2gO.jpg

I always thought the smithing perks were poorly planned out and I think this would make a lot more sense, requiring more perks for daedric smithing and giving advanced armour to both branches.

Could someone possibly make a mod in this way? I know the whole constellation is now messed up but that suits me. Thanks in advance.

Honestly I do not think it is the perks that are the problem...it is the entire tree. As it stands we are locked into a set leveling path for smithing, but with the right planning, a player could blow through smithing and get Ebony gear at least at a relatively low lvl. My alteration would be to wipe out this tree entirely.

Instead insert books, like spell books, for the learning of a set of recipes. So say...scale armor book, Ebony Blades (Sword, Dagger, Great Sword), etc. Then reinvent the smithing tree to give perks to what your making. So bonuses to Armor value, damage value, enhancement ability, Weapon speed. This would make smithing more inline with current skill trees, but would also allow book placement as loot and purchasable items to be more level dependent.

Edited by SyberSmoke

• 4 weeks later...
Im currently using a few mods which slows down leveling, and stops Alchemy, enchanting and Smithing from contributing to leveling , XSO and another which I cannot remember off the top of my head but it let's you individually set each skills exp progress and level skills behind 100. This helped fix leveling up smithing too early and never getting to use armour for more than a few levels before its obsolete. I do agree that the tree is a bit off, for starters, it's not even really decided into light and heavy, and once you get the right perks all armours can be made to cap out the armour rating, making heavy armour obsolete. I'd like to see the tree go Steel then Advance then split into Elven (then glass) and Dwarven (then Orc) before both lines merging into ebony, Dreadic and Dragon slip off again. For this to work, the values of the armours would have to change so that scale armour had a lower armour rating than Elven. It would also be helpful if the resist cap was different for heavy and light armour, maybe 70% and 85% creation kit permitting