More Modest Underclothes

Berzee

Hello internet! This is a mod I intended to make for myself, but then I realized I'm easily confused and lack the necessary initiative. So I present to you, my request for a simple Modesty Mod that would replace the default underwear with some other existing clothing models. Basically, I wish that when I looted somebody's armor, they would be wearing some basic clothing (one of the standard white-shirt and brown-pants combinations, something like that) underneath.

Added bonus if the mod replaces forsworn armor with something a little more thorough, like plain old leather, too.

If someone makes this, or points me to some place where it's already been created, they will be my hero-for-a-day :D Thanks!

(Else I may yet need to learn to make it myself)

That's too bad, but understandable. =T

Hmm -- what about something with the textures that would make unclothed bits transparent? Would that be a possibility? Looting a Thalmor robe and finding out that there was *gasp* no body underneath it! would be scary o_O but I would prefer it to the current situation. =)

That would be even harder. Come on, you can't wait a couple of weeks. It's not like the underwear is revealing.

When the construction set comes out I have been planning a mod similar to one I used in oblivion or maybe I dreamed it, where after you loot, a script runs and re-equips the body with the gear that npc spawns with (the stuff in their inventory) however it has to not allow re-looting after this script runs.

Scripting requires the Creation Kit.

There is another way using another scripting device that is not familiar to most of us, but good luck finding someone else who is willing to do this, if they do, I won't have to.

However, I do see that there are plenty of other clothing and body mods and retextures, so I remain confused as to why underwear in particular would be unalterable. (Maybe the other mods aren't as extensive as I imagine though, and are just slight tweaks -- I haven't tried any thus far).

I thought you said you wanted them replaced with other clothes (the standard lower class clothing).

Well the underwear is attached to the body model.

The body models that have been stripped of underwear have been done so via texture and 3D editing not applicable to this process, if you try to equip these onto the body via modeling they will clip through all the armors all the time not just when defrocked. etc.

I only mentioned replacing it with the standard clothing because I thought that would be easier, but I s'poz that would only be easier if there was a Construction Kit handy. =P Any solution that a knowledgeable modder could come up with would be grand...whether it makes all but the extremities invisible, or changes how the underclothes look, or some other solution I haven't considered. As long as the end result is that I can loot armor without ending up with a cave full of Underwear Bandits. =)

If there is no simple way of achieving that, though, maybe it would be be finished before the CK hits anyhow. Hmm...

Edited by Berzee

At present your choices are leave some pants on them i.e. don't loot the pants or wait until someone makes a script to do something else. There really isn't much else. Someone who knows script dragon might be able to figure out a scripted alternative to that, or wait for the Creation Kit when more of us will take the plunge.

• 2 months later...