In-Game Appearance Editor for NPCs

Shawn263241

The closest you'll get is the NPC Editor already available on the Nexus, even with the CK the game simply isn't coded to allow NPC editing on the fly

Well that's why I've been saying that any other method would be more than fine. The NPC Editor doesn't work for me, but from what I can tell its implication is very limited, and doesn't really make the aspects of appearance it can change easy to change.

DERP, thanks for searching.http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=4554

Because none of us would have found that on our own if we haven't already. :P

Well you could change the attributes of an npc, remove the current one from the game, and add the new one back in maybe.

I dunno how well that would work, and it sounds like you're adding in another step that doesn't need to be there. Wouldn't want to screw things up by giving new NPCs with different IDs the same roles as other, now removed, NPCs.

The easiest solution to this would be something like this:First we need someone to create a face-ripper for skyrim, an example to what I mean is found here: http://newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=35769.and then we would need to create a program that can find the NPC you're looking for and overwrite it with the new face preset.then all you would have to do is this:1. save your game (you don't want to overwrite your original face preset would you?)2. bring up the racemenu by typing "showracemenu" in the console.3. create the preset you want to use4. save your game yet again with the new preset.5. rip the facepreset from your save.6. use the editor program to create a new esp file with the new preset for the choosen NPC 7.enjoy your new NPC facesbut then again it is not so elegant as a seperate racemenu is it?

Again, that would get the same job done in a user-friendly way and thus I support that idea as well. I'm glad to see that someone had already implemented something like this for a previous Bethesda game; that really provides an opportunity to make things easier. Maybe I should start editing the first post to include all of these optional ideas.