[WIP] Supernatural Creatures

Falconsflight

I will be making a mod for creepy / dark creatures in the future once the CK is released. In all honestly I will not have a ton of time to spend on modding since I am in a first year computer science course (starting today actually) so if anybody would like to help in any way lemme know what your strengths are. I envision each new mob occupying some zone that is specific to the mob itself rather than just scattering them all over randomly, and this way they can tie in better. I will post anything that I want to make personally here and add suggestions so if you guys have any ideas toss a post down, cheers.

1. Weeping angels (I realize this will be done to death but I really want to give this one a crack)

2. Man eating plant (ya random I know, still want to try it)

3. Demons

4. Ghosts / Spirits (revamped to have more purpose)

5. Shapeshifters (This one could be difficult but could produce amazing results)

6. Succubus

7. Manticore

8. Kraken

9. Centaur

10. Rock Golem

11. Cerberus

12. Pixie

13. Goblins

*Your ideas go here* (nothing too ridiculous)

P.S Note that nothing solid has been actually created so far for the mod, just a few ideas for now as my brain is quite scattered at the moment. Also this may seem ambitious but I will keep the project open as a WIP and just do one creature at a time, so once the CK is out I will create a proper order list of what I will be making first.

Edited by Falconsflight

Q: Will they break the Lore (like appear in places they shouldn't)?

Q: If yes, is there a way to incorporate them without breaking it?

Q: Will these monsters possess their own unique characteristics (aside from Weeping Angels.)

Q: Will they break the Lore (like appear in places they shouldn't)?

Q: If yes, is there a way to incorporate them without breaking it?

Q: Will these monsters possess their own unique characteristics (aside from Weeping Angels.)

For the immersion breaking: No, that is what I meant by each creature having a specific zone that suits what it is (sorry about being unclear) like for example you wouldn't find a man eating plant anywhere outside a forest.

For unique characteristics: Yes, this will take a good amount of thought and effort but 100% yes, it is not my goal to just re skin, I want to make them come to life in terms of what they are.

This is all written under the fact that I have no idea how to program an AI, moveset, or animations into Skyrim.

* Man-eating Plant could be a stationary creature that blends into it's surroundings. You could go the way of Half-Life and have them leave out a seemingly harmless vine only to have it draw the player in to eat. While being brought to the monster, the player can attack the vines with their weapon or shoot the creature's head with magic or arrows (or set the vines on fire.)

* Demons are so arbitrary in nature it's kinda hard to pin a specific moveset. If you're giving them wings, I'd suggest somekind of back-peddling attacking. If they slither, I suggest a Medusa type-warrior. Succubi should charm your male Followers, Incubi should charm your female followers.

You could model your Demons after for seven deadly sins (Envy, Greed, Gluttony, Lust, Wrath, Sloth, Pride.) See Devil May Cry enemies for further detail.

* Shapeshifters possess a variety of versatility.

An elemental shapeshifter could shift immunities and weaknesses forcing the player to alternate between spells or weapon types (aka give them a reason to use different weapons.)

A boss-type shapeshifter might alternate between forms: like a Werewolf having to change back into a man before defeat or a Frost Spider changing back into a weakened sorcerer.

Also things to consider, Werebears. Apparently, Skyrim is supposed to be full of them.

Edited by Darksun45230

Well, using Norse, Scadinavian, Polish, mythology and so on would be a good add and source for supernatural beings that would fit skyrim perfectly

Mermaids - maybe "Ice Mermaids" found along the coast or simply mermaids found in the bigger aquatic areas.

Succubus - the sexy demon of rpg fantasy would be a great add and maybe some quest makers would give it a good use if you're making a ranged character

Manticore - the "Upgraded" version of the saber cat xD

Ghoul - similar to the Draugr but, well, more human and Canibal like (and with eaten flesh instead of skin and bones). Could work as "Minions of Namira" the daedric lord of repulsive things =p

Vodyanoy - pick a Horker head and instead of fins it would have legs and humanoid body. Could wear an heavy armor, who cares!!!

Harpies - well...maybe the Upgraded version of the Hargravens?

and a Kraken that appears somewhere near Winterhold to screw up the rest!!!!! (over excited Brainstorm?)

Well, can't remember much more really. I mixed Greek mythology I guess xD but whatever.

There you go, though. :)

EDIT: Skyrim has my worst nightmare already. Spiders...

Edited by iggy1eco

Crazed Woman

A woman, abused and thrown aside from society... raped and brutalized and then shunned by those she trusted. The pain was unbearable, madness started to seep in to the delight of the Daedric Prince of Madness.

Sheogorath offered her a way out, a means of escape from the heartbreak.

Now she travels the lands, caught up in her own imagination, where she is strong and fierce: forever singing to the babe she wished for with her fiance who left her.

"Hush little baby don't say a word..."

---

Basically your classic horror show creature. A woman dressed in a bloody and ripped dress, she's all bloody and looks borken, jaw dislocated, arms at awkward angles.

Only comes out at night and you'll hear the song moments before you meet her.