how to install new mods

fullm3taldoc

Step 1: Get an archive handling program such as 7zip.

Step 2: View the contents of the archive through 7zip and read the readme. If a mod you downloaded didn't come with a readme you should probably take that as a sign of the quality of the mod itself.

Step 1: Get an archive handling program such as 7zip.

Step 2: View the contents of the archive through 7zip and read the readme. If a mod you downloaded didn't come with a readme you should probably take that as a sign of the quality of the mod itself.

are there other archive programs besides 7zip that are friendly to these mods?

Update steam and make sure you have it installed outside of program files x86 and are on an administrator profile.

Download 7-zip 9.20 from wherever you want. (its free) They have it here on the nexus.

Install the NMM from here: http://www.thenexusf...se-notes-01218/

If you download a mesh or texture replacer, you have the option to let the manager install it, but its best to learn first how to do it manually.

When you download a mod, there is a large chance you will have to use 7-zip to unpack it. Simply right click on the file and choose to unpack here.

After you do that, take the texture file (and meshes, and esp if the mod uses them) and place the folder in its entirety inside the data folder which can be found inside your skyrim folder. Make sure the folder you place inside the data folder is named textures or meshes. If the folder you drop in there says something else, manually go in and remove the mesh and texture folders from within and drop them loosely inside the data folder.

If the mod uses an esp file, upon loading the mod manager, you will see it on the list and in need of being checked off. Check it off. Make sure it is below your skyrim esm.

If you placed a texture replacer mod in your data folder you will need to click the wrench and screwdriver logo and reset archive invalidation on the mod manager. You must do this each time you install a new texture or mesh replacer.

Then start the game...

I highly recommend nexus mod manager. I will make your life so much easier if or when you need to un-install or update mods.

question to you, should you or anyoen ever care to look or answer...

using the mod manager myself, is there any way to turn mods on/off without completely unisntalling them? cause that would eb awesome, wasnt sure since i saw no way to do it in the mod manager...

if there is, should i redownload the mod manager and see if it shows up?

I have a problem. None of texture mods works for me except Quality World Map:/ I tried Skyrim HD, Better Females, Coolsims Hair Pack, No More Blocky Faces, Pure Waters etc. I run the game and i dont see any difference. What can be the problem?

I tried to install them manually (in steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Textures), i tried installing them using Mod Manager and still nothing.

Mods like SKSE, Realistic Lightning, ENB works perfect, but texture mods dont.

Halp plox:)

The interesting problem. I download several textures replasers. Instructioms sad - Replase your original files at "skyrim\Data\Textures\enviroment\bla bla bla" but my Textures folder is absoluty empty 0_o. How can i replase files if they are not there. No derectories files or other folders - completly empty. Game runing great. maybe files hidden somehow? Please help!

The original resources are stored (with the file structure in tact) in all of the .bsa archives. Leave them alone.

Just place the replacers at the proper location inside your \Data\ directory and the game should use them instead of the vanilla versions. Most mods come with the proper file structure in the archive.