Skyrim won't launch ...

Flemming

in a way its reassuring that it's not just me - have tried validating the game cache, deleting client registry to force steam to update, considering deleting local content but might hold off on that as it seems to be a widespread problem and steam cloud seems to be having issues so I don't want to risk saves.

EDIT: weirdly, Oblivion has the same problem for me now - have randomly tried football manager as well and that's fine so I'm even more frustrated now

Edited by nathstyles

EDIT: weirdly, Oblivion has the same problem for me now - have randomly tried football manager as well and that's fine so I'm even more frustrated now

But does your Oblivion run on Steam? I haven't tried to start Oblivion, but i know that mine isn't related to Steam in any way

Edited by gothicANDoblivion

Well, somebody please made a mod to skip this Steam nightmare!!... It is just an innecesary pain in the ?@#

I cannot launch either even offline or with the CD on.

Such a good game and such a bad performance!! a real shame.

But does your Oblivion run on Steam? I haven't tried to start Oblivion, but i know that mine isn't related to Steam in any way

Yep - it seems that steam is just screwed atm, though what the difference between games that work and games that don't is not clear atm, i'm sure someone with more computing knowledge will figure it out but in the meantime im opening a support ticket to harass steam like everyone else probably is.

Yep - it seems that steam is just screwed atm, though what the difference between games that work and games that don't is not clear atm, i'm sure someone with more computing knowledge will figure it out but in the meantime im opening a support ticket to harass steam like everyone else probably is.

I only have Skyrim but am now getting the message "Finalising Steam Cloud Sync"