Telescope/Spy Glass

coldfire17

I though of a mod that would be very helpful to have as I'm traversing Skyrim! It would just be an equipable item that you get from a quest, which allows for zoom. You guessed it, the spy glass or telescope.

I thought of this mod idea while to Whiterun and I saw an npc in the distance. I wasn't sure if it was a bandit or a guard, so I had to go all the way over there and check. Time wasted. -.- It was a guard. Wouldn't it be much easier to whip out a spy glass and have a quick peek to see if it was a guard or bandit?

Also, I don't know about you guys, but personally I like to plan out my attacks on bandit forts and act like a stealthy commando. I enjoy going up to a vantage point and learning the patrols of the bandits so I can get in undetected and stealthily kill them. I searched around to see if this mod already existed, and I could only find a mod for Fallout 3:

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=3271

If anyone could make a version of this for Skyrim, I would be ever-so-grateful! I know a spell for zooming in would be more "realistic" in TES universe, but if you aren't a magic user like myself, this would get really annoying.

Thanks for taking the time to read my mod suggestion!

Mike

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean, no, but you can tell someone/something is there. Then you can sneak up and check it out. If you're not that great at sneaking, there are always potions of invisibility or the spell.

I like the idea of a spyglass of some sort, but I don't see the necessity. That's all I was saying.

I agree with cold, with my archer its really nice to be able to plan out my assault, prioritizing targets and setting out an assault path. Especially with forts. It would be nice to have that, maybe not having to equip it instead of the weapon, just hotkey it separately from favorites and use it whenever u need it. A fast, simple, reliable spyglass feature. Would be really nice to help with immersion too.