Multiple Louis

Susurruss

Just wondering if anyone else has had this come up. I stole a horse for Louis Letrush in Riften, and at the end of the quest, I just let him ride away on the horse rather than extorting or threatening him. Well, next time I was in Whiterun, I found Louis by the stables. I thought "Odd..." but then I took a wagon to Markarth and forgot all about it. Later on, I was somewhere in The Reach, and who shows up but Louis Letrush! Then I hear some orc saying something like "Maven Blackbrier said to pay you a visit." and some bandit-type kills him. So I slay the bandit thug, loot both the bodies and continue on.

Next time I went to Whiterun, who shows up outside the stables but Louis Letrush! This time, he's got a twin brother (also named Louis Letrush - guess his mother didn't want to think too hard! "This is my other brother.....") I left the stables and rode south towards Riverwood and saw someone running the opposite direction who looked awfully familiar... so I turned around and followed the guy to the Whiterun stables and yup, you guessed it, it was Louis Letrush's lost triplet! So then I had three greasy-looking dudes hanging around my horse whenever I went to Whiterun. I was a bit uncomfortable with that...

But wait! There's more! :) I go to Riften, and guess who's hanging by the stables? Yup, Louis Letrush! By now I'm getting weirded out by all the Louis running around, and being a member of the DB, I start doing what I do best - eliminations. After I backstabbed all four Louis Letrushes (three in Whiterun, one in Riften), I haven't seen him any more.

As I said at the beginning of this post, just curious if this has come up for anyone else?

Edit: grammar

Edited by Susurruss

You could kill him?

I did the same quest, but took the horse from him. Now he's always standing outside of Whiterun in the same spot. When I tried to murder him, he just went into recovery mode, then popped back up as though nothing had happened. After doing this a few times, I just gave up and FUS ROH DAH'd him out of the way...

I always find that quest bugged, after I have stolen the horse and ridden to where Louis is, we are always assailed by a mob of spiders, I dismount to fight and the horse legs it, he gives me the bit about "I see you but I don't see the horse". I look everywhere and the horse IS NOT THERE. Anyway, I complete the quest by console and carry on....but every time I go to Whiterun, two of Louis Letrush are there.

I have seen a screenshot where someone had about six of him outside the Whiterun stables, so it seems to be an established bug.