Why was the PC going to be killed?

Lehcar

Heres a logical explanation for how the player character was going to be executed:

1. Player is crossing over the border from cyrodill

2. Player runs into Ulfric and some stormcloaks

3. Player does not know what stormcloaks are or what they wear etc.

4. Player asks them for directions

5. Legion ambush them and assume Player is a Stormcloak spy etc

6. Player is hit over head

7. Player wakes up with a hazy memory.

Done

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heres a logical explanation for how the player character was going to be executed:

Done

That still leaves the fact they are going to cut your head off based upon a mere assumption.

and shouldn't this be in the spoilers forum?

Is it a spoiler? It's the first 5 minutes of the game. :confused:

I thought it was a bit jarring too but I just rolled with it and put it down to the callous nature of the Empire. So I turned it into something to roleplay with and influence my first choice.

Also, if they so badly wanted Ulfric dead ASAP, why did they not kill him first? That would be the most logical procedure, and that's how it's supposed to be done, in order from the most to least important person. Why put the random unknown hobo ahead of the most important and potentially dangerous prisoner present? (since is very skilled in the Thu'uml; the fact that he's gagged doesn't mean they are completely safe..)

I assumed that since Ulfric is leader of the Stormcloaks, he was being forced to watch his followers being executed as a last little dig at him.

and shouldn't this be in the spoilers forum?

Is it a spoiler? It's the first 5 minutes of the game. :confused:

I thought it was a bit jarring too but I just rolled with it and put it down to the callous nature of the Empire. So I turned it into something to roleplay with and influence my first choice.

Why is it okay to spoil the beginning of the game? Oh, because everyone does it, I know. But I was mainly pointing out that answers to the question are extremely limited in this forum. And I say no more.

Done

That still leaves the fact they are going to cut your head off based upon a mere assumption.

Happens all the time. Too realistic?

Done

Feudalism. I don't think there's habeas corpus in Skyrim :tongue:

Also, if they so badly wanted Ulfric dead ASAP, why did they not kill him first? That would be the most logical procedure, and that's how it's supposed to be done, in order from the most to least important person. Why put the random unknown hobo ahead of the most important and potentially dangerous prisoner present? (since is very skilled in the Thu'uml; the fact that he's gagged doesn't mean they are completely safe..)

I assumed that since Ulfric is leader of the Stormcloaks, he was being forced to watch his followers being executed as a last little dig at him.

Or even just saving the best for last. Making it into a public execution showed they weren't in any hurry, nor expecting a dragon.

The actual Stormcloacks are always armed and always wearing unique and very easily recognizable Stormcloak armor.

So if a Stormcloak takes of his clothes, goes unarmed, they are all innocent? what? THat is the worse argument I've heard. You are as suspicous at you would sitting on a buss with a terrorist team.

How do the Legioners fail to see that indiscriminately killing innocent people in cold blood is only give others a huge motivation to join the rebels? Seriously, you do not win over new recruits or allies that way, and without either of those things, your military force is toast.

Why would they care about motivating people at that point? They got the LEADER and SOLE cause of the civil war. They would have to drag you all the way to Solitude, which is not worth the risk. You could easily be a Stormcloak who would stab Tullius given the chance. Who knows? You do, well - you are the only one. Heck, I would have gotten everybody in a miles radius from Ulfric killed on sight. You are not worth anything when you cross the border, and are unlucky. Why should the General take the time to carry your sorry ass half around Skyrim, when he got the sole cause of the war right in front of the beheader?

And why would anyone who is not a Nord be with the Stormcloacks anyway?! I don't think there are any non-Nord Stormcloack NPC's whatsoever. Especially an Imperial, High Elf, Dark Elf, Orc, Argonian or Khajiit - anyone of those races being involved with the Storecloacks, uhhh sorry, that just wouldn't happen.

Welcome to the world? Are you really this naive? I mean... come on! They got NO proof the Stormcloaks don't got a non-Nord to try an assassinate Tullius. They could easily pay a random guy to do so.

This is war. In war, you protect thoose worth protecting. Tullius is tenfold as much worth as you, at your arrival.

Also, if they so badly wanted Ulfric dead ASAP, why did they not kill him first? That would be the most logical procedure, and that's how it's supposed to be done, in order from the most to least important person. Why put the random unknown hobo ahead of the most important and potentially dangerous prisoner present?

Over coinfidence. They wanted Ulfric to see his people die, and then get him last. They also knew you were simply a liability, so might aswell behead you. 1 life means nothing.

I mean, who the heck expects a dragon to appear, after being gone for quite a long time?

That said, why the hate for the Imperials in the start? Why not mention that NO Stormcloak said anything? Of course, it wouldn't help at all, but it doesn't really make them any better.

Really, people should stop being so.. naive. This is Skyrim, based on the Northern countries. A brutal time. THere is also the fact that you should set you in Tullius shoes. What would you do? Let the prisoner go? Oh, he might stab you. Not capture him? Oh, he might assassinate you.

Heck, I found Tullius to be kind. At least he would give you a clean death with a prayer, instead of simply dragging you to a prison and forgetting about you.

Also, did you notice what happens when the dragon attack? "SAVE THE TOWNSPEOPLE! - Tullius. So, a Imperial General prioritize the NORDS of a SMALL village over his OWN life AND killing Ulfric? And what did Ulfric do? Run like an idiot.

You should be glad you did not live back in the Viking days. You know, when they would cut your head off for looking at somebody?

Welcome to war, my friend. In war your life means nothing. In war you are what you deserve.

How come everybody is so overprotective over 1 single life? A poor X race walks over the border, gets caught near the sole reason Skyrim is in chaos and is being excecuted. At the time nobody knew you were dragonborn, so you were as much worth as a random beggar or bandit. Now, let me ask you: How many bandits did you kill without reasons? Uh-huh.

Wait, why do you complain again?