Dismemberment

SecretStash

For the most part this game is built the same way Fallout was and they included loads of gory limb-loss in that game, I was surprised when I found that missing from Skyrim.

They already have included beheading. There are dismemberment meshes/textures for limbs. Why can't I hack limbs off my opponents? I'd love to have some occasional kill-cams where I cleave an arm at the shoulder, or have them collapse over after removing a leg. There should be the same accompanying blood-spurt that comes with decapitations and then bloody stumps remaining. I'm no where near talented enough to create something like this, but I know enough about how this game works to know that it is entirely possible. The dismemberment should be easily accomplished by using the decapitation resources as a starting point, creating actual animations to accompany dismemberment may be far more difficult though.

Hopefully some brave modder out there wants to recover Bethsoft's goal-line fumble here?

I'm actually clearly not the first to mention this but my initial search somehow missed this giant thread:

http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?/topic/461713-dismember-your-foe/page__p__3809791__hl__dismember__fromsearch__1#entry3809791

I'll just send more attention that way than. Please go there for more info on Dismemberment mods.

I wanna see some more visual wounds. There are killcams of me hacking a beast's head... but the blade seems to rest an inch from his head and no wounds appear.

Other times, I stab someone and no bloodstains near the point of entry.

Would love for dismemberment and others to be included.

• 2 weeks later...