Vampire Overhaul

vannixiii

First of all sorry for my bad English.

I've many immersive-ideas to improve the gaming experience that I'm not able to realize due to my incompetence with scripts and stuff like that. I hope some talented scripter/modder out of there may feel inspired and decide to make them real.

I'll post them in this topic as they come:

Vampirism Overhaul

I think that becoming a vampire in Skyrim is more of a handicap than a gift. I mean, your skills never gain a great boost so where is the deal? With just a few changes, becoming a blood-seeker would be a better experience for sure.

Instead of a hunger-based system (which makes the vampire grow stronger as he grow hungry and reverts him to a “neophyte” after the feeding), I based everything on time and blood. Vampiric powers will get stronger as the vampire feeds on human blood. He can feed himself only once per day. Along with this, the hunger mechanism will trigger a transformation that will increase the vampire stats by a certain percentage. Now, let’s see everything in detail.

General idea of vampire

Vampires (as they are intended to be into my mod) are normal humans infected by a curse which stains their blood with darkness. As the darkness slowly overcomes the human nature of its host, the vampire becomes physically stronger and gains control over the dark element. The darkness feeds on human primal fear of void and death. It is able to manipulate the human mind and taint it as a deadly poison, pushing it toward madness. The darkness has even the power of molding shadows and bringing them to life. Along with increased mental faculties (which mean better speechcraft, mind control and increased spell power) and superior physical strength, agility and resistance, the vampire develops many weaknesses toward elements that traditionally represents life and light (silver-which is considered the most pure and holy metal of all-, garlic-which is purifying-, fire and sunlight). As darkness subdue human nature, its powers grow along with its weaknesses. The infection gets deeper after any feeding so, the vampire will learn new abilities after drinking blood. If the human nature inside the vampire starts preventing him from feasting on human necks, the darkness will try to overcome the control of the body turning it into a giant bat-beast. If the vampire survives long enough without drinking blood, he will eventually get rid of his curse and become free once again.

*LEVEL 1 – Neophyte

Neophytes are the first stage of a vampire evolution. Here the new physical characteristics start developing.

-Bonuses

+ Resistance to Disease 100%

+ Resistance to Poison 100%

+ Resistance to Frost 20%

+ Resistance to Physical Damage 10%

+ Damage Dealt and Block increased by 5%

+ Max Health, Stamina and Magicka increased by 20pt

+ Carry Weight increased by 20pt

+ Sneak increased by 20%

+ After feeding, the vampire gets the Bloodbuffed effect, which increase Damage Done and Physical Resistance of 10% (this effect is caused by the first tastes of blood, which are extremely intense in Neophyte and drive him into an euphoric state)

-Disadvantages

+ Weakness to Fire 20%

+ Weakness to Silver Weapons 10%

+ Weakness to Garlic-Poisoned Weapons 10% (garlic may be used to create a special poison effective only on vampires)

+ Daylight causes the vampire to lose 1 Health, Magicka and Stamina per second, prevents the vampire from regenerating Health, Magicka or Stamina, lowers them by 10 and prevents the usage of his powers

-Spells

+ Nighteye (Alteration - Toggle)

Actually without time limit.

+ Life Seeker (Alteration - Toggle)

Shows any NPC, creature, undead and construct in 250ft.

*LEVEL 2 – Shade of the Night (attainable after feeding 10 times)

Risen vampires start developing mental faculties along with their physical ones.

-Bonuses

+ Resistance to Frost 40%

+ Resistance to Magic 10%

+ Resistance to Physical Damage 20%

+ Damage Dealt and Block increased by 10%

+ Max Health, Stamina and Magicka increased by 40pt

+ Carry Weight increased by 40pt

+ Speechcraft increased by 20pt

+ Sneak increased by 40%

+ Increased Sprint

+ Any spell costs 10% less

-Disadvantages

+ Weakness to Fire 40%

+ Weakness to Silver Weapons 20%

+ Weakness to Garlic-Poisoned Weapons 20%

+ Daylight causes the vampire to lose 1 Health, Magicka and Stamina per second, prevents the vampire from regenerating Health, Magicka or Stamina, lowers them by 20 and prevents the usage of his powers

-Spells

+ Shadowstep (Alteration)

Vampire speed is proverbial. The effect of this spell is the same as "Whirlwind Sprint" shout, except that you can use this one as many times as you wish. It is useful to get out of the reach of your enemies or just moving around.

*Note: Slow Time would have been great to recreate the feeling of high speed movements but I wasn't really sure about that*

+ Lure of the Slumber (Illusion – Usable 1 time per day)

The purpose of this spell is to bring your enemy in a state of torpor and make him fall asleep (in a bed if you cast it in a Inn or in a house, on the road if you cast it outstide). This should make the feeding process quite easier.

*Note: Modders would probably have more than a problem making this castable outside so making it usable near a bed would be good enough.*

+ Fear of the Dark (Illusion – 20 sec)

The target runs away in fear for 20 seconds.

*Works on targets with the same level of the caster or lower*

+ Mantle of Shadows (Illusion – 60 sec)

It is the same effect of the Ebony Mail just without poisoning the opponent. Sneak increased by 50%

*LEVEL 3 – Vampire Lord (attainable after feeding 25 times)

The Lord vampire’s mind-controlling skills now are fully developed.

-Bonuses

+ Resistance to Frost 60%

+ Resistance to Magic 20%

+ Resistance to Physical Damage 30%

+ Damage Dealt and Block increased by 20%

+ Max Health, Stamina and Magicka increased by 60pt

+ Carry Weight increased by 60pt

+ Speechcraft increased by 40pt

+ Sneak increased by 60%

+ Increased Sprint

+ Any spell costs 20% less

-Disadvantages

+ Weakness to Fire 60%

+ Weakness to Silver Weapons 30%

+ Weakness to Garlic-Poisoned Weapons 30%

+ Daylight causes the vampire to lose 1 Health, Magicka and Stamina per second, prevents the vampire from regenerating Health, Magicka or Stamina, lowers them by 30 and prevents the usage of his powers

-Spells

+ Master and Servant (Illusion)

If casted on a victim of your feeding while he/she is still sleeping, makes him/her a companion until his master’s health is less than ¼. You can have one familiar at time.

*Note: This power doesn’t cause threat. Non-Essential NPCs only can turn to Familiars. Familiar can be married as well*

+ Mind Control (Illusion – 20 sec)

The caster gains control of the target for 20 seconds.

*Note: Usable on non-essential NPCs only. Mind control is canceled when the caster is hit*

+ Mass Hysteria (Illusion – 20 sec)

Targets in 20ft from the caster run away in fear for 20 seconds.

*Works on targets with the same level of the caster or lower*

+ Veil of the Darkness (Illusion – 120sec)

Sneak Increased by 100% and Invisibility effect is added to the caster for 120sec.

*LEVEL 4 – Sire of the Darkness (attainable after feeding 50 times)

-Bonuses

+ Resistance to Frost 80%

+ Resistance to Magic 30%

+ Resistance to Physical Damage 40%

+ Damage Dealt and Block increased by 30%

+ Max Health, Stamina and Magicka increased by 80pt

+ Carry Weight increased by 80pt

+ Speechcraft increased by 60pt

+ Sneak increased by 80%

+ Increased Sprint

+ Any spell costs 40% less

-Disadvantages

+ Weakness to Fire 80%

+ Weakness to Silver Weapons 40%

+ Weakness to Garlic-Poisoned Weapons 40%

+ Daylight causes the vampire to lose 1 Health, Magicka and Stamina per second, prevents the vampire from regenerating Health, Magicka or Stamina, lowers them by 30 and prevents the usage of his powers

-Spells

+Dark Push (Destruction)

A wave of dark energy pushes the enemy away from the caster, causing him to lose 10pt of Health, Magicka and Stamina.

+Dark Grip (Conjuration – 20 sec)

Target is paralyzed from a twist of dark tentacles risen from the earth. 10pt of Magicka and Stamina are absorbed from the target and added to the caster.

+ Envenom with Shadows (Alteration – 180 sec)

Infuse weapon with Darkness (visual effect of Ebony Mail) draining Magicka and Stamina on hit by 15pt per second for 10 seconds.

*Note: this enchantment works like a normal poison but don’t disappear on hit. 180 sec is the lasting of the “enchantment”

*LEVEL 5 – Master of the Void (attainable after feeding 100 times)

-Bonuses

+ Resistance to Frost 100%

+ Resistance to Magic 40%

+ Resistance to Physical Damage 50%

+ Damage Dealt and Block increased by 40%

+ Max Health, Stamina and Magicka increased by 100pt

+ Carry Weight increased by 100pt

+ Speechcraft increased by 80pt

+ Sneak increased by 100%

+ Increased Sprint

+ Any spell costs 60% less

+ Eating Human Hearts restores full Health, Magicka and Stamina

+ Eating Daedric Hearts restores full Health, Magicka and Stamina and increases them by 25%. Moreover Damage Dealt, Block and Resistance to Physical Damage are increased by 10%

-Disadvantages

+ Weakness to Fire 100%

+ Weakness to Silver Weapons 50%

+ Weakness to Garlic-Poisoned Weapons 50%

+ Daylight causes the vampire to lose 1 Health, Magicka and Stamina per second, prevents the vampire from regenerating Health, Magicka or Stamina, lowers them by 50 and prevents the usage of his powers

+ Being seen transforming adds 1000 gold to your bounty

-Spells

+ Form of Wolf (Alteration – Usable 1 time per day)

The caster turns into a wolf. This transformation grants the same speed of a horse. While into this form nothing can be equipped/looted/casted/interacted. Other stats remain the same.

*Note: This power doesn’t cause threat except if someone sees you while transforming*

+ Form of Bat (Alteration)

The caster turns into a swarm of bats that can’t be hit or affected in anyway. Moreover, he gains the ability to fly. While into this form nothing can be equipped/looted/casted/interacted. Other stats remain the same.

*Note: This power doesn’t cause threat except if someone sees you while transforming*

+ Swarm of Bat (Conjuration – 20 sec)

The caster summons a swarm of bats that deal damage to any foe in 15ft absorbing 10 health per second for their master.

+ Blood Manipulation (Destruction – casting lasts 10 sec)

Same visual effect as for the Dragon Soul Absorption. The caster absorbs blood from the target (200 health). This is actually considered a feeding method and lowers the hunger.

*Note: This power causes threat*

+ Scourge of Darkness (Conjuration – 20sec – Usable 1 time per day)

Paralyzes any opponent in 20ft with dark tentacles which drain 5pt of Magicka and Stamina and 3pt of Health per second from any opponent caught in this spell.

+ Dark Shockwave (Destruction – Usable 1 time per day)

The vampire gathers dark energy to unleash a powerful shockwave that causes 90pt of damage to Health, Magicka and Stamina in 30ft, pushing away anyone around.

*LEVEL X (Beast form, triggered by blood-abstinence *equal to one week of missed feeding* - Duration 600 sec.)

This state of madness is caused by the blood abstinence and endures as long as the vampire doesn’t feed himself. Beast form transformation regularly occurs at this stage after 24 hours (just the first transformation is triggered at reaching this level of vampirism). Staying in Human Form at this point is very hazardous because the abstinence of blood weakens the body of the vampire and makes his weakness more significant.

-Bonuses

While in Beast Form

+ Resistance to Frost increased by 50% of the reached Vampire Level - *example: Level 3 Vampire = Resistance to Frost is 50 plus another 50% of it*

+ Resistance to Magic increased by 50% of the reached Vampire Level

+ Sneak increased by 50% of the reached Vampire Level

+ Resistance to Physical Damage increased by 50% of the reached Vampire Level

+ Damage increased by 50% of the reached Vampire Level

+ Max Health, Stamina and Magicka increased by 50% of the reached Vampire Level

+ Increased Sprint (faster than horses)

+ Crimes committed as in beast form are not attributed to you (no bounty)

+ Power attacks while sprinting cause enemies smaller than dragons (including mammoths) to ragdoll

+ Frenzy attack (holding down attack similar to a flourish)

+ No weight encumbrance (though you cannot pick up anything)

+ Flight Ability

+ Feeding 10 times restores the normal level of vampirism

While in Human Form

+ Resistance to Frost 20%

+ Resistance to Physical Damage 10%

+ Damage Dealt and Block increased by 5%

+ Sneak increased by 10%

+ After feeding, the vampire gets the Bloodbuffed effect, which increase Damage Done and Physical Resistance of 10%

+ Feeding 10 times restores the normal level of vampirism

+ Feeding regularly prevents the Beast-Form transformation

-Disadvantages

While in Beast Form

+ Weakness to Fire increased by 50% of the reached Vampire Level

+ Weakness to Silver Weapons increased by 50% of the reached Vampire Level

+ Daylight causes the vampire to lose 3 Health, Magicka and Stamina per second and lowers them by 50% of the actual vampire level

+ Unequips all equipment

+ Cannot pick up any items or open any containers (including loot from kills)

+ Health is regained by feeding from humanoid corpses

+ Cannot use Spells, Shouts, or Powers (other than the beast form specific shouts)

+ Cannot initiate dialog with anyone

+ Almost all NPCs will become hostile (except followers and housecarls, but not your spouse)

+ Cannot access the character menu

+ Forced third-person view

While in Human Form

+ Weakness to Fire 100%

+ Weakness to Silver Weapons 50%

+ Weakness to Garlic-Poisoned Weapons 50%

+ Daylight prevents the vampire from regenerating Health, Magicka or Stamina, lowers them by 50 and prevents the usage of his powers

+ The vampire cannot use any of the previously learned powers except Nighteye and Life Seeker

-Spells

Usable only in Beast Form

+ Roar (Power)

Makes every NPC or creature with the same level or lower as the caster run away in fear for 30sec.

+ Flight (Power)

Allows the vampire to use his wings.

+ Consume Corpse (Power)

Gains Health, Magicka and Stamina from dead bodies. Feeding with full Health makes the vampire gain the Bloodbuff which increase his strength.

+ Demonic Reflexes (Power – Usable 1 time per day)

Slowers time for 10sec.

+ Nighteye (Alteration – Toggle – 30 sec.)

+ Life Seeker (Alteration – Toggle – 20 sec.)

Shows any NPC, creature, undead and construct in 250ft

*LEVEL 6 – Draculean (attainable after feeding 200 times)

-Bonuses

+ Resistance to Frost 100%

+ Resistance to Magic 50%

+ Resistance to Physical Damage 60%

+ Damage Dealt and Block increased by 50%

+ Max Health, Stamina and Magicka increased by 120pt

+ Carry Weight increased by 120pt

+ Speechcraft increased by 100pt

+ Sneak increased by 120%

+ Increased Sprint

+ Any spell costs 80% less

+ Eating Human Hearts restores full Health, Magicka and Stamina

+ Eating Daedric Hearts restores full Health, Magicka and Stamina and increases them by 40%. Moreover Damage Dealt, Block and Resistance to Physical Damage are increased by 25%

-Disadvantages

+ Weakness to Fire 80%

+ Weakness to Silver Weapons 40%

+ Weakness to Garlic-Poisoned Weapons 40%

+ Daylight prevents the vampire from regenerating Health, Magicka or Stamina and prevents the usage of his powers

-Spells

+ Beast Form (Alteration – Usable 1 time per day - 180 sec)

Allows the Draculean to turn into the Bat-Beast for 3 minutes.

Edited by vannixiii

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the ideas for this mod especially the whirlwind sprint idea, but I think the amount of times they have to feed to gain the powers should be increased (or at least the option for them to be increased)

Im thinking the master level should be 250 times that the vampire feeds, but thats my own personel preference and it would give the player a real goal to head towards as a vampire as 25 times is only a few months in game

My take on this, and currently my plan. Is that Vampirism becomes not only a class, like it is now, but a skill with it's on Perk tree that you level with your character. Using Vampiric Based skills will have to be used to gain levels in Vampirism. Levels will give you acess to newer or stronger abilities, and you'll be able to use perks against the Vampiric Skill tree.

On feeding I'm a little undecided. I think of feeding, for Vampires, as restoring Life Force. I am thinking that Life Force will:

1) LifeForce acts as a "Mana" pool for your vampiric powers

2) Sunlight will drain your life force quicker

3) Life Force provides a regenerative power to your health

4) Life Force is what regenerates the vampires health, but Life Force will drain as the health is restored (not proportional)

5) The amount of life force you maintain is directly proportional the how quickly you regenerate your health

6) Feeding will full regenerate your life force (and possibly health)

7) Life Force will deplete in sunlight thereby reducing your powers and regenerative abilities when in the Sun. The rate of depletion is dependent on your Vampiric Level

I want vampire powers to be all but useless in the Sun for the lowest of Vampiric rank. Your actual character level will be independent of your Vampiric Level. At lower ranks, I see the Sun as actually damaging the Vampire, perhaps as they level they become more capabable of withstanding sunlight, not damaging to their health but not regenerative either. I don't know where I'll go with that, but perhaps a reduction across strength/power/time that vampiric spells function in the sunlight. Even at higher levels, the Sun should not be your friend. You should be just as easy to kill in the Sunlight, if not easier, than any other mortal at your physical level.

In the Darkness, you will have an advantage. At your earliest vampiric levels it will just be an edge up on everyone, at later stages you should be a force.

-MM

My take on this, and currently my plan. Is that Vampirism becomes not only a class, like it is now, but a skill with it's on Perk tree that you level with your character. Using Vampiric Based skills will have to be used to gain levels in Vampirism. Levels will give you acess to newer or stronger abilities, and you'll be able to use perks against the Vampiric Skill tree.

On feeding I'm a little undecided. I think of feeding, for Vampires, as restoring Life Force. I am thinking that Life Force will:

1) LifeForce acts as a "Mana" pool for your vampiric powers

2) Sunlight will drain your life force quicker

3) Life Force provides a regenerative power to your health

4) Life Force is what regenerates the vampires health, but Life Force will drain as the health is restored (not proportional)

5) The amount of life force you maintain is directly proportional the how quickly you regenerate your health

6) Feeding will full regenerate your life force (and possibly health)

7) Life Force will deplete in sunlight thereby reducing your powers and regenerative abilities when in the Sun. The rate of depletion is dependent on your Vampiric Level

I want vampire powers to be all but useless in the Sun for the lowest of Vampiric rank. Your actual character level will be independent of your Vampiric Level. At lower ranks, I see the Sun as actually damaging the Vampire, perhaps as they level they become more capabable of withstanding sunlight, not damaging to their health but not regenerative either. I don't know where I'll go with that, but perhaps a reduction across strength/power/time that vampiric spells function in the sunlight. Even at higher levels, the Sun should not be your friend. You should be just as easy to kill in the Sunlight, if not easier, than any other mortal at your physical level.

In the Darkness, you will have an advantage. At your earliest vampiric levels it will just be an edge up on everyone, at later stages you should be a force.

-MM

The most of my ideas use the actual contents of Skyrim. Nothing is intended to be implemented. Everything is already there. This should grant to modders the chance to make a good work without spending too much time in scripting and implementing new functions.

The vampires that I inteded to create with my ideas are humans affected by a sort of mutation that slowly push them toward the inner beast, the giant bat-thing that is released by the blood hunger. They're powers grow as their humanity slowly fades so, as their dark powers get stronger, the light will weaken them until the point of damaging them. Also, on neophyte vampires, the mutation starts with enhancing their body resistence to frost, diseases and poisons and their primary senses (sight and smell).Then, on level 2, their bodies will get furtherly stronger and their first mental powers will start showing. On level 3, the vampire is fully developed, has gained whole control over his shadow and mental manipulation skills and the human side of the subject is almost subdued to its demonic counterpart.

This is it! Your plan is cool and all but you'll need a lot of work. Anyway, thanks for sharing :)

Yeah, I was thinking on this a little more and the biggest problem is going to be UI implementation for Lifeforce, so I may have to rethink that a bit. I completely get where you're going with your ideas and agree with you on the modding expense. Much of what you have planned there could be done without the CK, and just tweaks to the current vampirism effects. Good luck! Hope to see your mod come to fruition!

-MM