Vampire Overhaul

vannixiii

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think the vampire should have like an batle feeding. kind of the animatin in unholy darkness mod. i meen you are a vampire in a dungion and then BAMM emty of blood power and enemies on all sides what do you do? you grab the nerest and drain him dry in a matter of sekonds and kill him and replenish some of your blood power. if you feed on someone three like two three times in a row (when they are sleeping) you kill them and they are forsed to become a ghoul. (basicly a zombie)

why not make a new bar like we have life magic and mana. what about one to blood? (it could be black to show that it is linked to the darkness within.

for the garlic thingy do a thing like unholy darkness did.

i think water repeling are just stupid (i know some vampire lore has that but still in skyrim that will be stupid like how are you gonna get to the dude in the iceberg (the dude you must go to in the main quest)

how about a power like the one you get in oblivion when you become sheagorath (not shore how to spell it) buuut it makes a deep mis/fog to enter the world like around you in 500 meters and life that is in that fog is shown like in detect life. the fog folows you but ends when you make it, dont have more blod power.

i think the vampire should have like an batle feeding. kind of the animatin in unholy darkness mod. i meen you are a vampire in a dungion and then BAMM emty of blood power and enemies on all sides what do you do? you grab the nerest and drain him dry in a matter of sekonds and kill him and replenish some of your blood power. if you feed on someone three like two three times in a row (when they are sleeping) you kill them and they are forsed to become a ghoul. (basicly a zombie)

why not make a new bar like we have life magic and mana. what about one to blood? (it could be black to show that it is linked to the darkness within.

i think water repeling are just stupid (i know some vampire lore has that but still in skyrim that will be stupid like how are you gonna get to the dude in the iceberg (the dude you must go to in the main quest)

how about a power like the one you get in oblivion when you become sheagorath (not shore how to spell it) buuut it makes a deep mis/fog to enter the world like around you in 500 meters and life that is in that fog is shown like in detect life. the fog folows you but ends when you make it, dont have more blod power.

I definitely like the idea of a mist form, which shouldn't be too difficult with the ability to apply shader effects. I also like the effect you get with the 100 point sneak perk (temporarily fail to remember its name).

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=6332 I want just to report you all this mod so in case anyone is working on this overhaul, a winged skeleton may be useful for the vampire beast form :)

Wow, that looks pretty nice! I can think of all sorts of interesting things to consider with that in mind.

-MM

Edited by MofoMojo

I definitely like the idea of a mist form, which shouldn't be too difficult with the ability to apply shader effects. I also like the effect you get with the 100 point sneak perk (temporarily fail to remember its name).

http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=6332 I want just to report you all this mod so in case anyone is working on this overhaul, a winged skeleton may be useful for the vampire beast form :)

Wow, that looks pretty nice! I can think of all sorts of interesting things to consider with that in mind.

-MM

i meant like making the weather misty so that you can se the enemy with a life detect that follovs the mist but do not turn into mist. but becoming mist had been cool to and it can give you the effect from ltd vampires where you go thru loced doors

Edited by elricshan

I do not like having a vampire turn into a wolf or a werewolf. That should be exclusive to werewolves. I think it is completely unnecessary. Other than that, great ideas. Looking forward to it after CK.

Do you think there should be a instant and intense flame of death to a very powerful vampire? If not instant, then that powerful creature can die if stayed under the sun for 5 seconds?

Edited by MrVash

I do not like having a vampire turn into a wolf or a werewolf. That should be exclusive to werewolves. I think it is completely unnecessary. Other than that, great ideas. Looking forward to it after CK.

Do you think there should be a instant and intense flame of death to a very powerful vampire? If not instant, then that powerful creature can die if stayed under the sun for 5 seconds?

I know Vannixii and I share some different oppinions on our vampirism goals, although he's made me reconsider my approaches. Actually, both he and Jakisthe have provided some thoughts. I think Vannixii and I currently share a similar oppinion on this. I don't think Vannixii is considering older/higher level vampires being damaged by sunlight at the highest level, but dose remove the ability to regenerate. Given the name of the highest level, I imagine this is because Dracula was depicted as being able to go into the sun light and it wasn't fatal for him.

Jakisthe's take is that the closer you become to being a higher level Vampire, the more intense the typical negative effects become.

I may reconsider my take, because certainly as younger vampires you should be weaker than your older vampires, but to simultaneously increase their power as older vampires and decrease their weaknesses may be too overpowering and I think the dynamics of having to vary your play style as you level could be fun as well.

-MM

I know Vannixii and I share some different oppinions on our vampirism goals, although he's made me reconsider my approaches. Actually, both he and Jakisthe have provided some thoughts. I think Vannixii and I currently share a similar oppinion on this. I don't think Vannixii is considering older/higher level vampires being damaged by sunlight at the highest level, but dose remove the ability to regenerate. Given the name of the highest level, I imagine this is because Dracula was depicted as being able to go into the sun light and it wasn't fatal for him.

Jakisthe's take is that the closer you become to being a higher level Vampire, the more intense the typical negative effects become.

I may reconsider my take, because certainly as younger vampires you should be weaker than your older vampires, but to simultaneously increase their power as older vampires and decrease their weaknesses may be too overpowering and I think the dynamics of having to vary your play style as you level could be fun as well.

-MM

Thank you for the quick reply. I am sure you and your partners will come up with the best solutions, for you seem to put an special emphasis on lore. I cannot help but think that there should be some definite critical weakness to all vampires (or at least most). I have grown up knowing vampires having some significant lines or situations they dare not cross, or go into. A good example is holy objects to a vamp. They always stray away from those.

Yeah, in most lore I could find, the more vampiric someone was, the more susceptible they were to things like garlic, sunlight, etc. I also had that in my version because it helps balance being a super high level; if there were less damages as you went up, that would take away the fun of playing with the different levels and finding a balance between your humanity and vampirism, as it were. Younger vampires are weaker in many ways, but older ones are weaker in more..vampiric ways.

I also am not a fan of being able to turn into a wolf...I mean, that's the werewolves THING, right?

Mist is something I considered, but I dunno. It could get weird. Can mist form fly? Well, if yes, that kinda defeats the point of the bat, which is much more lore-based. Can it pass through walls? Maybe, but I don't know the last time I saw mist pass through walls. My idea was that being in mist made the vampire invisible, as well as at high levels giving them the ability to create a vast cloud of it around them.

And of course, SHAMELESS PLUG: http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?/topic/525207-vampire-mod-ideas/

Because I'm still waiting for your thoughts on the later stages, Mojo :thumbsup:

-MM

Actually, my point of view is the same as for Jakisthe. As I said in my latest update to the first post, I consider vampires as "mutants" affected by a magic curse which cause them to be tainted with dark powers. The higher level the vampire gets, the greater his weakness become as the dark infection goes deeper through the human body. Only when you reach the maximum level of vampirism (which is Draculean), your weakness become slightly less significant and you gain the ability to walk into the sunlight again, because the human nature of the soul inside the body has finally been able to overcome (after a hard fight) the feral demonic-creature within.