How do I solve this

Winterdragon

Does anyone know how I can get rid of these things, whatever they are

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k610/DieterVV/2012-01-06_00002.jpg?t=1325853220

http://i1118.photobucket.com/albums/k610/DieterVV/2012-01-06_00001.jpg?t=1325853220

I'm working on my new mod Cleaned up Searchlight Airport For Wasteland Defense and RTS,

http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=45103

and I can't upload my work untill I know how I can get rid of this bug. I only see these ingame and not in GECK.

Edited by Winterdragon

Some of the following may be just me talking out of my rear but this is what I know about it... :)

That is called "LOD", or "level of detail" I believe. It's what you see when you are looking at objects or terrain in the distance so that you don't have to load the full detailed textures and meshes. Unfortunately, there is no way to get rid of it that I know of. From what I understand the terrain LOD, which is what your screenshots show, is created by a supercomputer and takes a lot of time and it isn't something you can recreate or adjust for just one part of the worldspace. You'll just have to get creative in finding ways to cover it up.

When I first started Camp Golf Harbor LOD issues were a major obstacle. I was constantly going from the GECK to the game to see if any LOD was sticking out of my terrain adjustments. It is what led to me having two levels of flat terrain instead of just one. It is also what led to the two rock tunnels by the upper west gate that house the crane base. There was a big LOD right in the middle of the entrance from a rock I had removed so I covered it with limestone but it looked out of place. I eventually came up with the idea to turn it into rock tunnels and ended up very pleased with the results.

All I can tell you is try to avoid lowering terrain too much, which will possibly expose LOD, and instead try to raise terrain if you can. Other than that, you can try to cover it with rocks, a building, anything you can think of or find in the GECK. As much as dealing with LOD pissed me off to begin with, some of the more creative ideas I came up with for Camp Golf Harbor came from trying to figure out a way to cover LOD.

Good luck!

Some of the following may be just me talking out of my rear but this is what I know about it... :)

That is called "LOD", or "level of detail" I believe. It's what you see when you are looking at objects or terrain in the distance so that you don't have to load the full detailed textures and meshes. Unfortunately, there is no way to get rid of it that I know of. From what I understand the terrain LOD, which is what your screenshots show, is created by a supercomputer and takes a lot of time and it isn't something you can recreate or adjust for just one part of the worldspace. You'll just have to get creative in finding ways to cover it up.

When I first started Camp Golf Harbor LOD issues were a major obstacle. I was constantly going from the GECK to the game to see if any LOD was sticking out of my terrain adjustments. It is what led to me having two levels of flat terrain instead of just one. It is also what led to the two rock tunnels by the upper west gate that house the crane base. There was a big LOD right in the middle of the entrance from a rock I had removed so I covered it with limestone but it looked out of place. I eventually came up with the idea to turn it into rock tunnels and ended up very pleased with the results.

All I can tell you is try to avoid lowering terrain too much, which will possibly expose LOD, and instead try to raise terrain if you can. Other than that, you can try to cover it with rocks, a building, anything you can think of or find in the GECK. As much as dealing with LOD pissed me off to begin with, some of the more creative ideas I came up with for Camp Golf Harbor came from trying to figure out a way to cover LOD.

Good luck!

Thanks, I have spend a day continueing to work on the tunnel and covering it up but at least I know thanks to you that I should avoid things like that. Now I can focus on other things.