[LE] Stretch Goals For My Unarmed Mod

MShoap13

Any tips or insights are appreciated.

• Get all Power Attack related perks in the One Handed tree to natively work with unarmed (or my unarmed weapon at the least)
  • Add a new "Martial Arts" perk with 30/60/90 levels; I'm thinking I'm going to reduce the target's health by a small percent of their current HP per hit.
  • Add an 80+ required perk that causes unarmed strikes to ignore blocking opponent's recoil (but not their damage reduction).

The first goal seems like it's just a matter of investigating and I may be able to just slap a keyword on my weapon and go or something that simple.

The second seems like another On Hit Magic Effect script. Should be doable.

The third Item here though I could definitely use some help on. I don't even know where to begin with this effect. How would I force the player character to play the regular animation instead of the slowed recoil animation?

Edited by MShoap13

I'm having an odd issue where the script I've written for leveling One Handed is applying but the script I've written for my 30/60/90 is not getting activated though the setups (perk --> Spell --> Magic Effect) are essentially identical. No clue what's causing the issue. There's nothing wrong with having multiple scripts running on the same event is there?

Scriptname UnarmedMartialArtist extends ActiveMagicEffect

Perk Property MartialArtist60  Auto
Perk Property MartialArtist90  Auto

Event OnInit()
    Debug.Trace("Martial Artist script initialized")
EndEvent

Event OnEffectStart(Actor akTarget, Actor akCaster)
    Debug.Trace("Martial Artist effect event registered")
    Debug.Notification("Martial Artist strike registered.")
    Actor Me = Game.GetPlayer()
    float currentHP = akTarget.GetActorValue("health")
    float Modifier = 0.03

If Me.HasPerk(MartialArtist90)
        Modifier = 0.09
    ElseIf Me.HasPerk(MartialArtist60)
        Modifier = 0.06
    EndIf

Modifier *= -currentHP
    akTarget.ModActorValue("health", Modifier)

Debug.Trace("Martial Artist strike with Unarmed Weapon -- " + akTarget + " is target; " + currentHP + " is currentHP. Reducing target HP by " + Modifier + " points.")
EndEvent

Link to the file with source:
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=93050818463833644664

I'm still stumped on this one. I can't figure out why my second Magic Effect script isn't getting applied. If no one's willing to take a look, are there any solid examples for Perks conditionally adding scripted on-hit effects ?