False "save corruption" during gameplay

Ramagast

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the bug is there from the first save, and the bug is there at the end, then the bug is a feature. If everyone had six fingers on each hand it would be the norm. Five fingered people would be the freaks.

So what I read here is that the game starts broken from the get go.

I think that there is a difference between "corrupt and cannot be loaded" and "silently broken". When the bug first hit I had completely unmodded saves and they started to be shown as corrupted.
So, I don't think they are actually corrupted in that sense. Because they are not. We can restart the game and load them just fine. But the save in which the bug is manifested is probably somehow broken - and all saves made after it are also broken. In some way.

I don't know whether this is a previously unnoticed symptom of our Bug, or something else again. I woke up this morning and set off from Lakeview Manor, where I had last saved, to talk to Delphine in RIverwood. One awkward conversation later, I was on my way to High Hrothgar with Jurgen Windbreaker's Horn. While there, I saved. I know this for a fact. And yet, next time I looked, standing amid the cooling remains of Sahloknir, that save was not there. Has anyone else had this? Saves not being recorded?

Lethiel

Oh damn, that sounds really bad :(

I haven't experienced that myself, then again, I haven't really been playing Skyrim much.

Wanted to try a new load order to see if that miraculously does something, but tempted to wait till SKSE64 comes out...

The fact that the save goes missing though, does seem to imply that there's something wrong with the save engine from the game itself, as opposed to it being a mod issue, so I guess that may be something?

I don't know whether this is a previously unnoticed symptom of our Bug, or something else again. I woke up this morning and set off from Lakeview Manor, where I had last saved, to talk to Delphine in RIverwood. One awkward conversation later, I was on my way to High Hrothgar with Jurgen Windbreaker's Horn. While there, I saved. I know this for a fact. And yet, next time I looked, standing amid the cooling remains of Sahloknir, that save was not there. Has anyone else had this? Saves not being recorded?

Lethiel

Do you use Thunderchild ? If so, i'm guessing you explored the new section that the mod creates in High Hrothgar and saved your game there. It's behind a door at the end of an hallway. For some reason you can't save inside that new area.

There's another mod that adds a new area in the College of Winterhold (can't remember the name), and you can't save there either.

Edited by mtrjagamer