False "save corruption" during gameplay

Ramagast

No, this particular problem goes back no further than the last update to SSE. None of us had it or anything like it before that. And I am in touch with Bethesda and they are seriously looking into it, so I have hopes that it will be soluble. As, I'm sure, a lot of other problems would be if people didn't just shrug and put up with them. At the moment this particular Bug is making SSE almost-but-not-quite unplayable for me, so either I get it solved or I find something else to do. I'd quite like to carry on playing.

Lethiel

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, this particular problem goes back no further than the last update to SSE. None of us had it or anything like it before that. And I am in touch with Bethesda and they are seriously looking into it, so I have hopes that it will be soluble. As, I'm sure, a lot of other problems would be if people didn't just shrug and put up with them. At the moment this particular Bug is making SSE almost-but-not-quite unplayable for me, so either I get it solved or I find something else to do. I'd quite like to carry on playing.

Lethiel

Not entirely sure you'd find something else to do. Current alternatives are a bit of a passing fad IMO (Have you seen that burn't out carriage in the Rift yet? - just saying surface level it's an unbelievably bland game, however 'they; did catch onto something very, (erm), moreish for some detail), Anyway I think it's an actual game engine fault rather than noob mod order/mod selection fault. In theory I have alll the time in the world to wait for it to be either recognized as a fault and fixed or just continue on doing rebuiilds, and living with the same problem. Generally I go to 20 level and sayi that's boring and start rejigging my load out. (ps just for giggles looked at my 32bit times - which are 3007 hours game time - never finished anything - and 1510 hours Creation Kit time, (i.e. trying to make it the game I want to play by fiddling with other peoples mods),- so actually 50% of the time I like fiddling with the game rather than playing. Thanks Beth, I do have a job to go to).

Well I got it too the last save was shot by trying to get that bug out of my game and now with the new save 5 hour in or so ... the same thing. Odd thing is it began recently ... give or take a day or 4-5 ago. btw exactly same thing in game showing as corrupt however loads fine when exiting game and loading last save.

Â

Still, you may well have a point. DId someone say they had ruled out ported Oldrim mods as a cause? I can't remember...

Â

Lethiel

I seem to recall the form ID was ruled out earlier, saying the bug happens even if everything is taken through CK. However there was no in depth analyse like now about ruling out the bsa conversion or lack, thereof. So yeah, it's still possible it's caused by badly transfered mods even if everything is form 44.

Â

Still, you may well have a point. DId someone say they had ruled out ported Oldrim mods as a cause? I can't remember...

Â

Lethiel

I seem to recall the form ID was ruled out earlier, saying the bug happens even if everything is taken through CK. However there was no in depth analyse like now about ruling out the bsa conversion or lack, thereof. So yeah, it's still possible it's caused by badly transfered mods even if everything is form 44.

I can probably rule out that it' s Oldrim mods. I haven't used anything, but stuff that's on the SSE nexus and still got the bug, so...

Raindene: That's good! Something ruled out. Spoonsinger, I think you're right. Sooner or later I am going to have to find a way into CK and start fiddling about myself, but the black/non-functional render window kind of put the kybosh on that when I tried before.

Everyone: okay, here's what you can do if you're getting the Bug and if you want to help Bethesda sort this out. No compulsion, no pressure, and I understand if you'd rather not.

1. Make a Dropbox or Google Drive folder if you have one of those. Put in a recent save game, your mod list and load order.

2. Contact "JLeavey" on the Bethesda forum chat. Send them the link to the folder. Tell them it's about the "false save corruption" bug. Say I sent you. :) Also tell them how big your save games are in general, how long you get to play before the Bug manifests, and whether or not you use Bethnet for mods or use LOOT on your load order.

3. Be positive and hope for the best. I think they want to sort this.

Thank you!

Lethiel

I save every 5 minutes, but never ever looked at a prior save while saving. So no clue if I ever had the bug. I played today for 4 hours straight, saving very frequently and checking prior saves before saving. So far nothing, but I will keep checking from now on.

Â

ÃÂ

ÃÂ

Lethiel

Â

Â

I can probably rule out that it' s Oldrim mods. I haven't used anything, but stuff that's on the SSE nexus and still got the bug, so...

Thing is, SSE nexus means nothing, that was the sole point of JRMods long post and experimentation. Some mod ports in SSE nexus are crude hacks, while others are well ported and checked. Some mods with bsa files have refused to port nicely so they are just let as loose files. And those he found out might have been one cause since eliminating them removed the bug from him. So just saying it's from SSE nexus doesn't say anything of the quality of the porting.