False "save corruption" during gameplay

Ramagast

I have the same issue, have played oldrim with no trouble, even played Skyrim SE without problems and it just now bugged out with that 'corrupted save' and stupid picture - if you want to see my mods and load order, I'll gladly post it, how do I do that?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll find a file called plugins.txt, probably in C://Users/[whatever your username is]/AppData/Local/Skyrim Special Edition. Attach it as a file to a comment here. If you have an account on the Bethesda forums, you might like to send it via chat to "JLeavey" as well, with an explanatory message saying it's about the "false save corruption Bug." The more information they have, the more likely they are to find a solution.

Thank you!

Lethiel

Are your copies of SkyUI 2.2 modified? As in, have you used a .swf editor on them?

Errrr...no, I don't think so. How would I go about doing that?

Well, some people do it to remove the SKSE warning messages, and I only started getting this bug after I installed a copy I modified (amongst other mods, unfortunately). Uninstalling does make it take much longer (2 hours maybe) to start again.

I've just come across this thread but I've had this problem for a while, I've discovered

That it only happens after 2 or 3 fights, possibly down to the amount of inventories being opened when looting
That Fast travelling seems to make it happen quicker, ( I get it every 5 or 10 mins )
I use Wyre Bash and Loot and I've cleaned my plugins and saved games

I've just tried something similar, seeing how often I could do this: Fast travel to dragon nest, kill dragon, strip carcass Hunterborn style, loot nearby chest if any, repeat. I managed four before the saves went sour on me.

Not sure what it conveys. Just marking time now really, to see what Bethesda can come up with.

Lethiel

Welp (as they say these days) starting again. One crash too many (not Bug-related; the mysterious trying to get into the Palace of the Kings crash whose cause I cannot determine). Trying it without SkyUI, gods help me. We'll see what happens.

Seems I'm going back to Bleak Falls Barrow

Got to fetch that Dragonstone once more

And the dead will rise up in Bleak Falls Barrow

When I come back to find the Golden Claw.

Tried to hitch a ride to Whiterun Stables

Got to tell the Jarl that Helgen's gone

But he'll just send me back to Bleak Falls Barrow

He'll send me back to grab that bloody stone.

Talk about the dead in Bleak Falls Barrow

Talk about the monsters I have slain

And they'll welcome me back to Bleak Falls Barrow

And then I'll have to kill them all again.

(Original song here, for all you young 'uns: https://youtu.be/slBVvZf5S64)

Lethiel

Okay, that's it. I'm this close to giving up on the whole damn business.

I started my new game as a patron of the Bannered Mare, with some extra money. I bought some supplies, went down to the road and bought Skyfall Estate. I built every damn stick of furniture in that place, saving every time I went outside. I saved and saved and saved. I stopped and started again. I had a sleep, had a bath, went outside, SAVED, saddled up Onyx and set off to ride to Riverwood. CTD. I launched the game again...and all but the first seven of my saves are gone. Vanished. Not there. I checked. All that work to do again, and no guarantee it won't all disappear up its arse again. And this is without SkyUI, and no sign of the Bug.

This is not fun. I have had fun, and this is not it.

SO not happy right now.

Lethiel

lethielnyrond​: could you post a screenshot of what the corrupted picture of the save looks like? Want to make sure what it is.

I am the anti-you results wise .

I use skyui modified 2.2 . I use aft and the bad version of it to boot, unconverted. Though all else is properly migrated over. I have no ctds and I play hours on end. I save every 5 minutes, never see corruption. Maybe because I save every 5 minutes?

I run with some 70 mods. Will make a list of them.