False "save corruption" during gameplay

Ramagast

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You all realize that when you disable this or enable that you need to start a new game to test it?

Well if it's an esp/esm I'd agree with you. If it's an interface thing, (i.e. swf), not sure I would agree with you. However as long as people say what they changed to not have the problem, then it's all grist to the mill in terms of finding the root cause.

tonycubed2: yes, dear, I think we do all realise that.

ScareCroOw: I'm sorry to hear that. We're fairly sure here (well, most of us) that it isn't a specific mod or mods causing it, but something in the game engine that's reacting badly to a certain number or kind of mods since the last time it was updated. JLeavey on the Bethesda forums is looking for any information that can help them solve it. Can you get in touch with them? It would really help.

Leagacy of Morrorwind: well, that's disappointing, especially when you were doing so well. Is there anything you can tell us before you go? Like which were the last few mods you added back, and how long you got to play before the Bug showed? It may not be useful, for obvious reasons, but on the other hand it might. You never know. I'd be very grateful.

Lethiel

I dont think it matters what mods it were.

This fake corruption thing is like a timebomb just waiting to go off and some mods/combination somehow make it happen or make it happen faster.

With the 170 mods i played 6 hours without anything corrupting.

Now with the added ones its back to corrupting every 20 minutes regardless what i do didnt even took 2 hours to get it corrupting.

But i would bet if i cut down to the 140 mods again the bug will be rare or not happen again.

Right now i would just like to play something and not mess around with this s*** to fix it...again.

Edited by Leagacy of Morrorwind

hi dudes and dudettes. something new for you all to try, before cutting your wrists. newly updated.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/5031/?

works on old and new skyrim. found issues with my save and fixed them. and i do not show the bug. anyhows. run it, and use the "clean" tab for everything.

First, under "clean" perform the 4 "show' functions to see the status of your save. then optionally also under clean perform the three "remove" functions and the one "purify" function. then sacrifce a black cat at midnight. then save the save under a new game. try the save out.

have fun.

Why, thank you! I've actually been using ReSaver since before I had the Bug, and it was one of the first things I tried, but I'm sure there are others here who will find it useful in lots of ways.

Sadly, in my experience, it doesn't help with the Bug, because there is actually nothing wrong with the save that it can detect. No unattached instances, no undefined elements. Some non-existent form instances, but as it says itself, "Non-existent forms are used intentionally by some mods. Use caution when deleting them." Since, if I delete them, my save crashes on startup, I'm forced to agree that this is good advice.

It was a very nice thought, though. Thank you.

Lethiel