False "save corruption" during gameplay

Ramagast

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rebuilt my mod list. Taken out a number of mods, didn't actually add anything serious. Now I'm getting instant CTD's in the area of Fort Greymoor without any obvious reason. All troubleshooting attempts had failed so far. I mean, I literally disabled all new mods one by one and ran a less modded game than before! Some new updates, it seems, are not playing well with each other.

But no sight of our bug yet. Playthrough is too fresh.
...I'm just so close to rage-quitting, really.

Thanks =)

I've uninstalled a number of mods and tried it again, but now I can't get to Riverwood without random crashes and don't have a slightest idea of what's going on =))
I think I just need a break.

Here's my current load order if anyone interested. At least, it doesn't have our bug.

Okay, I've experienced this issue myself. It's annoying, but if it makes the game unplayable, I usually just save, exit, and reload.

I believe this is a game engine issue, after having read through the descriptions on this topic. My guess is that the latest patch tried to fix some potential memory leaks and inadvertently clearing out states and strings that shouldn't have been removed.

I can't see a mod doing this. This appears to me to be a more fundamental issue with the game engine itself.

Okay, I've experienced this issue myself. It's annoying, but if it makes the game unplayable, I usually just save, exit, and reload.

I believe this is a game engine issue, after having read through the descriptions on this topic. My guess is that the latest patch tried to fix some potential memory leaks and inadvertently clearing out states and strings that shouldn't have been removed.

I can't see a mod doing this. This appears to me to be a more fundamental issue with the game engine itself.

This is exactly what we thought, which is why I made contact with JLeavey on the Bethesda forums and tried to get people here to send them data so that they could see what we were talking about. I *hope* they're still working on it, but apparently apart from mine they haven't had any response. Saving, exiting and reloading is certainly something to do, but when it gets so that you're doing it every ten minutes, as I was a while back, it makes the game pretty much unplayable anyway. Also, these may just be symptoms of something worse going wrong that only emerges much later. And quite apart from that, I want to *know*. :)

Lethiel

Been happening since the latest patch for me as well, my save always gets the corruption after crafting. If I save before hand regardless of length of time played beforehand without any corruption showing up my save will corrupt itself. Usually it happens after scrolling through items to find what I want to craft.

It's getting to the point now where won't even bother crafting anymore and just spawn items through the console and sell off the mats that I needed for said object. I can use the smelter, grindstone, cooking stations and enchanters fine, I can even build a fricking house but that sword bow or piece of armour I want to craft, not a chance, I won't even bother with crafting for now. Which is a real bummer as I love smithing!