False "save corruption" during gameplay

Ramagast

Test results:

My mod list + customized INIs - corrupt save after ~20min

My mod list + standard INIs - corrupt save after ~20min

Vanilla + customized INIs - save still intact after ~25min

Basically ran around a lot with speedmult 450 (Riverwood-Whiterun-Winterhold-Markarth-Solitude), talked to people and scrolled through merchant's inventories. Interestingly enough I never had issues with buggy dialogue even after the saves got corrupted.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do use BethINI.

I do use SFO + verdant. I did very little tweaking to the INI, just what I was told to do for SFO.

I do use AS-LAL and USSEP. I wasn't even aware they had INIs.

Only other INI changes I did, was something I found to help papyrus scripting or something.

I'm re-downloading Oldrim to see if I can get a fairly padded mods list back and see if it's an issue relegated just to SE or is something I can reproduce. I have, unfortunately, been having some issue with a few SE mods, and have still been keeping up with oldrim mods and there have been a few more updated and released that I would like to see. Going to keep my SE install modded and in tact int he meantime though.

Hey Tony, your mods specifically seem to exaggerate this issue more than any other. For over 100 hours now, anytime I had this issue arise and I couldn't talk to one of my followers (dialogue disappeared) I could exit out of the game and re enter. You can always check if the bug has popped up just by going to save your game. If the image of your previous saves can be seen, the bug hasn't shown up yet. If you see the rainbow of death, the bug is there.

Recently I installed your genesis spawn mod and SOT sleeping encounters mod, and nothing else. Before installing them, this is how things would play out: I speak to a follower, but the dialogue I need is missing (bug is present). I exit out of the game and reboot and reload. I speak to the follower, everything is fine (bug not present). I save my game, and verify the bug is still not there.

After installing those two mods of yours: I speak to a follower, dialogue is missing. I reload and reboot. Before even trying to speak to the follower, I go to save my game and I see the bug yas already popped up. No matter how many times I reload and reboot, YOUR MODS SPECIFICALLY make it so that I am permanently locked out of all dialogue with my followers. The rainbow of deatb appears the second I load into my game.

Before, I could always load in, make another save, and the rainbow of death wasn't there, and ni dialogue options would be missing. Now your mod just sends them all straight to breakville.

NOW before you say that it is because of mt bad modding, let me temind you of a post I made about 6 months ago, maybe even in this thread. I had been doing crazy amounts of testing with this bug. I finally got to a point where I had actually started a new game and not seen the bug for over 10 hours, not once in that single save. I decide to get ballsy and add nothing but your SOTfull mod. AS YOUR MOD ACTIVATES IN THE 4 MINUTE WINDOW, I GET THE BUG.

There is no doubt that something in your mods exacerbates the issue exponentially, even if 'no one on the SOT team ever got it'.

I'm sorry but if that's true, then no one on the SOT team has modded.

Just tested it again, it's definitely one of your mods Tony, probably Genesis that makes the rainbow of death appear ON SAVE LOAD. While testing without them I did a bunch of things that potentially bring on the bug and the dialogue options were there; even after I could see the rainbow of death in the save menu after while, my dialogue options were still available (which is rare after the rainbow appears). If the bug comes from bad modding, are your bugs bad mods?

I say this not to be a douche, because I find skyrim to be lacking now without all of the sot features in my game. I just hope this shines more light on the fact that THIS HAS TO BE AN ISSUE FROM THE UPDATE Bethesda pushed through months ago and/or an engine bug that Bethesda is ignoring.

Sot mods are used by many many many people. They do not have the issue / bug. And many of the people here with the bug do,not use my mods.

i do not think you have the same issue as most people here. Issues with sotfull are normally with users who have not built their game around it, specially true in old skyrim. Meaning they are having resource issues. And true corrupted saves are usually due to strings/forms issues.

Sotfull is my most popular mod, specially in old skyrim. If what you describe is the norm I would have tons of bug reports about it. There are none. I actually posted on both sotfull pages if anyone was having the bug this thread is about, and not one soul posted they had it.

I will say this. Sot is a very large mod and will amplify issues and flaws in your game setup. But it will not be the smoking gun you make it out to be.

SOT is not the cause of this issue. I do not use it and I still have corrupting saves. It's however very likely that it's one of the mods that accelerate this issue.

I decide to get ballsy and add nothing but your SOTfull mod. AS YOUR MOD ACTIVATES IN THE 4 MINUTE WINDOW, I GET THE BUG.

Interesting, I'll definitely try that later tonight, see if this issue occurs to me with only SOT as well.

I don't think you guys get what I'm saying. I'm not saying SOT mods are the sole cause of this. But I am saying that SOT mods, with whatever they have 'running in the background', makes the issue 100 times worse.

There has to be a reason/pattern to this, and you know what your mods have going on in the background more than anyone. What could your mod be doing that makes it appear ON LOAD? Heavy scripts?

There is some nugget of info there waiting to be found, especially in the sense of determining whether this is an issue with the engine/latest update.