False "save corruption" during gameplay

Ramagast

Same, I converted the spice gear and am using that. not too slutty, still cute and semi realistic. I doubt I'd be a good candidate right now though as I am mid game and am causing my own issues with changing a follower pack I'm creating - frequently.

I still hold to the notion that it has to be severe frequent script lag causing issues though, because I notice several times that happening frequently before having corrupt save issues. As of late, anyways.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am also experiencing this annoying bug, and from my testing having Wet and Cold installed is certainly not helping. I have no idea ff this is the culprit alone, but when I disable it and start a new game, the fake saves doesn't happen before you reach Riverwood anymore.

EDIT: Scratch that. Still getting the false save corruptions just as frequently. This is incredibly frustrating.

Another thing I've noticed is that if I load a save and then head over to craft something, when I browse through the categories and countless items it will more often than not induce the fake save corruption.

I have a lot of mods installed, and a crap-ton of custom armors and weapons. Have tried disabling / enabling many many mods, but for me it's only Wet and Cold that makes any real difference.

https://modwat.ch/u/Archet1337

So I've been testing a bit more, and tried disabling two of my DLL loaders (FPSFixes and AchievementUnlocker). Then I was able to play for a good hour. Everything seem to be working fine, I was killing bandits, moving up to Embershard Mine and the saves were just fine.

Then I moved inside Embershard Mine, cleared it and checked the saves. All fine.

Then I moved over to the forge and browsed though the items and boom, save corrupted.

When I load up the save prior to going over to the forge, and then try to replicate the result, nothing. What the hell gives?

The save game in question is 56 minutes in;

- 36860 strings

- 5640 scripts

- 4.15MB

One more peculiar thing I've noticed just before my saves go corrupt is the gloves on my Hatwig's Shrouded Armor set changes. The glove mesh changes to one that has a gap between the hand and the arm. When I reload, the correct glove meshes are used. Very strange. What could cause this?

Makes sense. My saves start hard corrupting around that number of strings.

When browsing thru inventory and lists at forges the game needs to assign strings dynamically. Pushing it over a mystery limit. We do not know the number of dynamically generated strings the game us s while running.

The number is reset when first loading a save, so corrupted saves show up after enough game actions and exploration use up temporary strings. Looking thru lists at forges and vendors accelerates the process.

That is my educated guess/theory.

Anyone tried to actually push their strings count really high without adding real script-heavy or visual mods to see what will happen? In my case 90000+ strings didn't trigger the issue after an hour of gameplay.
I mean, I understand that they are harmful, and it was intentional save breaking from my part. But the thing is - nothing immediately broke. I could craft items and staff. No symptoms at all. And even the save I created after that... loads just fine.

I also have the bug and have been testing. I redid my load order to reduce starting strings. at the start of the game yesterday, my save has 33517 and 5358 scripts. probably got about 2 hours before seeing the false corruption. corruption point had 33781 strings and 5436 scripts.

From a previous post I Removed The book op uunp and body fit armors. Started a new game this morning with similar strings and scripts. I decided to travel through a lot of cells and do a few dungeons, i barely interacted with merchants or the forge except in the beginning of the save to make some armor and a weapon. 2 and a half hours in and no corruption.

came to check on this post and after reading archet and tonys comments decided to hit the forge. I scrolled through every available menu and item. and my save was corrupted after that. 33899 strings and 5457 scripts at the save before I did that.

...Then I moved over to the forge and browsed though the items and boom, save corrupted. ...

...One more peculiar thing I've noticed just before my saves go corrupt is the gloves on my Hatwig's Shrouded Armor set changes. The glove mesh changes to one that has a gap between the hand and the arm. When I reload, the correct glove meshes are used. Very strange. What could cause this?...

...came to check on this post and after reading archet and tonys comments decided to hit the forge. I scrolled through every available menu and item. and my save was corrupted after that. 33899 strings and 5457 scripts at the save before I did that.

Leads me to a serious question.... who else is running any type of crafting overhaul (Ars Metallica is my only one here)? I'm beginning to doubt this is specifically string related, because I HAVE had the save corruption after crafting a lot of things, still well under the 33K string count.

My next question would be SkyUI/SkyHUD/Custom Favorites Menu (all 3 here), and then leveled lists with armors/weapons (TERA weapons/armors, Book of UUNP, Legendary DeserterX collection, those are the only ones I recall seeing placed on actual NPCS) and of course a wrye bashed patch for them.

*edit* No issues in clearing Bleak Falls Barrow, running back to riverwood, doing very minor exploration, UNTIL I hit the fur crafting. Looked through my fur crafting options, made a couple pieces of leather, and all of a sudden, corrupt save.

Edited by Gothpunk4Christ

One of my first tests was just without skyui and I still got the corruption. running ars metallica, skyrim recycling. leveled lists with immersive armor, book of uunp, a couple weapon mods and various se armor mods and oldrim ones i converted to form 44 in packed bsas. the only form 43 im running is the bashed patch.

Leads me to a serious question.... who else is running any type of crafting overhaul (Ars Metallica is my only one here)? I'm beginning to doubt this is specifically string related, because I HAVE had the save corruption after crafting a lot of things, still well under the 33K string count.

My next question would be SkyUI/SkyHUD/Custom Favorites Menu (all 3 here), and then leveled lists with armors/weapons (TERA weapons/armors, Book of UUNP, Legendary DeserterX collection, those are the only ones I recall seeing placed on actual NPCS) and of course a wrye bashed patch for them.

*edit* No issues in clearing Bleak Falls Barrow, running back to riverwood, doing very minor exploration, UNTIL I hit the fur crafting. Looked through my fur crafting options, made a couple pieces of leather, and all of a sudden, corrupt save.

I am using Ars Metallica, SkyUI 2.2, SkyHUD, Custom Favorites Menu, a bunch of custom armor and weapon sets.

But I have used all of those in 50+ hour playthroughs without any issues what so ever. It's just recently I have got the fake save corruption, and I have been adding a lot of mods. It's a damn shame too, as the game is rock solid stable with no crashes or glitches apart from this annoying crap.

What I do not understand is why I get this now, as I have mainly been adding texture mods. Could the fake save corruption be caused by bad meshes? I thought that would become rather obvious as they usually result in a CTD.