False "save corruption" during gameplay

Ramagast

well sounds isn't it have just recently added it and I had it before that ... my bet is wet and cold.

I'm enabling Wet and Cold again now. Will make a new game and see what happens.

EDIT: Save corrupt in 40 minutes.. Wet and Cold may work for a lot of people, but it sure doesn't play nice with my load order.

I disabled a few installed mods, was going to go through the process of loading a previous save, waiting for 48 hours or so, then saving again and cleaning the save, but my game flat out told me "no, this junk is broke" and refused to load again lol. So I started a new game... I forgot EVERY addon I uninstalled but I know wet and cold was one of them, got rid of Sofia, and I know I got rid of footprints a long time ago. I want to say I removed a few armors/clothings that I never wore.

Knowing what I do now, I'm sure I can still duplicate the issue on a brand new save if I try hard enough though.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey

I'm having this problem for the first time but it only has happened once for now but will play more to see if it keeps doing it. I died and suddenly it would not load so i started game again and it was fine.

Just installed lots of mods and merged some also.

Im not sure how long did i play but more than 20 min atleast more like 2h maybe?

But as soon as i died it happened if it keeps happening more i'll post it and share my load order. Want to resolve this if it keeps doing it...

Ok, so my testing is at a standstill for the time being. I started a new game since my last one flat out refused to even load, and I was tweaking my follower pack I'm working on, so I loaded up and went around my usual route to gather everyone to test... and nobody's there. Ok, the ESP is checked and all, so I guess the games just messing up... so I went to Falkreath, no followers present, same with Morthal... Should have at least 2 there... decided to stop by Riverwood, and there were flaming corpse walkers everywhere.... I'm guessing something with Mihail's Corpsatarium freaked out... so in the midst of this flaming rock concert were all of my followers... in Riverwood... my spell sword manages to keep her flame cloak up long enough to ignite everything and after about 15 minutes they all manage to kill off everything, but half of the townspeople are dead and this is a brand new save... So I verified game cache and I'm just going to start over again.

I bloody love this game lol.

Ok, so my testing is at a standstill for the time being. I started a new game since my last one flat out refused to even load, and I was tweaking my follower pack I'm working on, so I loaded up and went around my usual route to gather everyone to test... and nobody's there. Ok, the ESP is checked and all, so I guess the games just messing up... so I went to Falkreath, no followers present, same with Morthal... Should have at least 2 there... decided to stop by Riverwood, and there were flaming corpse walkers everywhere.... I'm guessing something with Mihail's Corpsatarium freaked out... so in the midst of this flaming rock concert were all of my followers... in Riverwood... my spell sword manages to keep her flame cloak up long enough to ignite everything and after about 15 minutes they all manage to kill off everything, but half of the townspeople are dead and this is a brand new save... So I verified game cache and I'm just going to start over again.

I bloody love this game lol.

Did you pick the new game option as the very first menu choice after you started the game? If you even tried to load one of the broken saves it could have loaded enough into memory to corrupt anything that you did after that without exiting all the way to the desktop.

Did you pick the new game option as the very first menu choice after you started the game? If you even tried to load one of the broken saves it could have loaded enough into memory to corrupt anything that you did after that without exiting all the way to the desktop.

Turns out I accidentally borked my sandbox area to a reference instead of self for all of my followers, so while they'd spawn at the right spot, they'd immediately start traveling. As far as the corpse walkers, still trying to figure that one out lol. That, and I also deleted all previous saves beforehand, so it's possible that something ghost loaded in the background some, but that would have been the first time in thousands of loads.

Well in my experience it seems like the more oldrim mods that you havent converted properly you have the more this bug happens. But i cant really say SE mods did it for me. It only started happening as i started meddling with oldrim mods.

The ONLY Oldrim mods I am running, are

Tiwa44's spice gear and minidress collection (super cute and not too slooty) that I converted over myself, he actually gave me permission to upload the spice gear, not sure why I haven't yet.

NobleSkyrim (only some assets)

Nordic Snow,

a weapons mod,

treesHD,

amidianborn whiterun (not using all assets)

embers hd,

ultimate fire effects hd (forgot this one originally)

ethereal elven overhal (and a patch that makes it compatible with SE)

and a follower I converted.

A good chunk of the stuff I run is meshes/textures with no ESP.

Edited by Gothpunk4Christ

Well nordic snow is for SE in the actual SE modding page,noble skyrim has skyrim SE version for it. But i doubt your mods would affect the issue. But i have noticed the same stuff as others inventory,dialogue,scripts seem to affect this issue the most, maybe to an extent combat.

Woop, going to go get the SE versions of those now lol. At the time I installed them, I think only the non-SE version was available.

Or they're just showing up in my Unassigned tab for some reason.

It's possible the one weapons mod I'm running could be worsening the issue to a degree, it does adjust leveled lists, and of course my bashed patch. I did have the issue on a fresh, brand new save before level 5. I did previously smelt a bunch of stuff, and I was active in game for a few hours. As long as I'm not dying frequently, it's not much of an issue except when trying to read books and stuf added by other mods, or trying to interact with merchants. But by that point, it appears that I'm having really bad script lag anyways, so I tend to just exit and reload.

Edited by Gothpunk4Christ