False "save corruption" during gameplay

Ramagast

What I did in SSEdit was "copy as overide" into a new esp all my level lists from the mods themselves and basically did what WB does for level lists, but did it better and by hand...took forever. But it's how I got 900 mods to play nicely together, with no black face bugs or crazyness. I was still using WB because it merged a bunch of minipatches, and other Misc items that would be a nightmare to do by hand.

Edit: It did include some level list injectors in the bash. I'm going to slowly pull this patch apart and see what happens. But one thing is almost certain. I don't think it is a specific mod. Too many different load orders are having this problem. It must be somthing with the level lists or too much going on etc.

I see... but this also may throw a wrench in...

Not using wrye bash atm havent reached plugin limit yet so no needs. I do have wrye bash otherwise.

*EDIT* Do you use a lot of crafting heavy mods, or armors that inject into the leveled lists (TERA armor/weapons with LL patches, Dynamic Dungeon Loot, Book of UUNP/Immersive Armors?) I know if not using WB your leveled lists won't show up everything you've added, but still, it's good to know.

But we have more data.

The best thing we may come up with at the time, is that it isn't one specific mod causing issues, but whatever is overloading the system will depend on the individual user and their choice of mods.

Ugh. Those are the hardest to troubleshoot, for everyone.

Edited by Gothpunk4Christ

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i use immersive armors,gifts of akatosh,ancient tongues sword from oldrim which gifts of akatosh has but i like the oldrim version kinda better. Otherwise not really much in terms of crafting stuff and armor mods. Might be some quest mods with armors. Again sometimes this issue is weird for me, i play for an hour or more without it, sometimes i goto one dungeon and it corrupts before halfway through. Im personally doubting its armors, or crafting but combination of things.

I am almost convinced it's a combo of some sort of "working memory" issue. I kept everything the same, just removed "Beyond Skyrim-Bruma" and redid my bash patch. Went from error within 15min, to no error in 30min (stopped testing after 30min). And while we know Bruma is glitchy. Plenty of people have run it without this specific issue. Therefore, it must be a "getting overwhelmed issue"

Well i use immersive armors,gifts of akatosh,ancient tongues sword from oldrim which gifts of akatosh has but i like the oldrim version kinda better. Otherwise not really much in terms of crafting stuff and armor mods. Might be some quest mods with armors. Again sometimes this issue is weird for me, i play for an hour or more without it, sometimes i goto one dungeon and it corrupts before halfway through. Im personally doubting its armors, or crafting but combination of things.

I used to use Book of UUNP exclusively, and had the issue then, but decided to swap BoUUNP for IA to test, and now I actually run them both at the same time lol. I do enjoy running the TERA armor and weapons LL patches because I like the diversity it all creates. Since starting around with Morrowloot (making money was just getting way too easy in SE) I've dropped the TERA LL injections and kept them basically crafting only. Add in the Ashara Elven armor sets, a few mage armor, carved armor, armor mashups, etc, I have a stupidly ridiculous long list of stuff I can craft. This is why I think I may be overloading the crafting backend, or that it may be related to leveled lists because there's now easily 2-3x more options that can be injected into the game. That, and if I scroll through my crafting list 1-2 times in a session, that is usually enough to cause the issue to occur, and that's ALL that I have to do. Last time I did it this morning, I was actually fine after leaving the crafting station, but leaving my home and going outside the issue then appeared. It wasn't immediate like usual.

I am almost convinced it's a combo of some sort of "working memory" issue. I kept everything the same, just removed "Beyond Skyrim-Bruma" and redid my bash patch. Went from error within 15min, to no error in 30min (stopped testing after 30min). And while we know Bruma is glitchy. Plenty of people have run it without this specific issue. Therefore, it must be a "getting overwhelmed issue"

Yeah, I really haven't played around with it because of some of the compatibility issues I've seen with it. I figured I was having some issue with this bug to begin with, and had a gut feeling that would make it worse. If I can figure out which of my mods are the most heavily scripted during game use then maybe I could strip a couple out and see how that helps. I have a feeling that dumping a save file into resaver and loading it up won't show actual accumulated scripts at the time of corruption, but I could also just not have any clue of what I am speaking, which is more likely than not.

Alright, so I did end up removing several of my "heavier" crafting mods that added a lot of inventory, and I got a smiliar issue to earlier today, that has yet to happen prior to today. I went into my crafting menus and sorted around, scrolling through the whole list as usual, and upon finishing, checked, and no corruption. Then I got over to a nearby dungeon, started to run through it, got to a book, and there's no text. Checked my loads, and all corrupt. So I'm starting to get to where the crafting corruption, isn't quite immediate, I suppose is progress?

yeah that happens to me as well. I just removed "assigned storage". The filters were crazy big.

Alright, so I did end up removing several of my "heavier" crafting mods that added a lot of inventory, and I got a smiliarissue to earlier today, that has yet to happen prior to today. I went into my crafting menus and sorted around, scrolling through the whole list as usual, and upon finishing, checked, and no corruption. Then I got over to a nearby dungeon, started to run through it, got to a book, and there's no text. Checked my loads, and all corrupt. So I'm starting to get to where the crafting corruption, isn't quite immediate, I suppose is progress?

The book text fixes when it's in your inventory. You can grab it, put it in your inventory, and then read it.

I'm currently playing without the bug for 25 hours. It's a really heavy mod list: 355 mods merged into 200 plugins. Wet&Cold, Frostfall, Footprints, Sands of Time, Populated mods, Interesting NPC's, etc. A lot of crafting with Immersive Jewelry. 54000 strings. I tested my save with 90000 strings just for science and it loads without issues. I'm playing for 1-3 hours at a time. 40-60 FPS depending on location and combat intensity. Not a single crash so far, one infinite loading screen at Windhelm after a long game with Dawn of Skyrim activated.

Some things that helped me this far:

- New installation of Skyrim.

- Verified game installation after all the mods (but before DLL Loader)

- No SkyUI. It guarantees the bug with lightest load orders.

- Disabled general subtitles. Somehow it helps a lot.

- No Book of Steel. It gives me random crashes even with XMPSE.

- No Warzones and Claralux. I do have strange crashes with the latter.

- No SSE Fixes. Once again, I love their loading times, but stability for me goes down.

Can't say I know what's going on, really. But it's not a string problem.

I'm curious if anyone is having the bug withing these lines:

- no SkyUI

- fresh installation

- no subtitles

- no "BodySlide" type of mods (Book of Steel, etc)

- 200 plugins or less

?

Can tell you right away that SkyUI does not do that for everyone. I had one save where I played for days without the bug, and I always have SkyUI installed. I don't use any Bodyslide mods, though I have UNP BASE Skinny installed. No Warzone or Claraux in my load order either. This issue just feels so random. The save I have now is brand new, and I get the issue after about 30 min of playing. I also never use general subtitles, only dialogue subtitles.

Edited by TheCruxis

Hello friends, I've followed this topic because I have the bug, too. I don't want to give false hopes because my "solution" doesn't really make sense, but I have been able to reduce the frequency of the false corruption (it sounds so Warhammer 40K, doesn't it? :laugh: ) by opening my save file in ReSaver, saving it under another name, then deleting all other saves from the folder. I haven't encountered the bug in 3 hours, and before I was having it every 20 minutes. It's a very easy method, so you could try by yourself.

Interesting idea, didn't work for me though. Still got the error in about 30 min.