False "save corruption" during gameplay

Ramagast

wow, ok this is f***in deplorable. I just ran this script and it turns out loads of mods that had been officially ported to SSE still used the old form of ESP. That is bad...

I find it strange that these mods aren't being flagged on the nexus. Anyway, I am in the process of porting all the old .esp's over to Form 44 now. Will be interesting to see if it actually makes any difference.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow, ok this is f***in deplorable. I just ran this script and it turns out loads of mods that had been officially ported to SSE still used the old form of ESP. That is bad...

I find it strange that these mods aren't being flagged on the nexus. Anyway, I am in the process of porting all the old .esp's over to Form 44 now. Will be interesting to see if it actually makes any difference.

Are you using Wrye Bash btw? Because according to the script, my Bashed Patch esp is also in the old format, despite the fact I downloaded Wrye Bash for SSE.

Are you using Wrye Bash btw? Because according to the script, my Bashed Patch esp is also in the old format, despite the fact I downloaded Wrye Bash for SSE.

I am, but from what I've read it doesn't really matter if the bashed patch is in the old format, so I am not too worried about that.

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/6vriw8/psa_there_are_submitted_mods_in_nexusmods_that/dm30e0f/

I was going to quote your original post here and say I was only running about 3-4 mods that were old form.

Then I ran the script and want to slap my wifes dog. Well, to be fair, I always want to slap that little piece of

ANYWAYS for some reason, Skyrim, update, dawnguard, hearthfire and dragonborn are all showing up as form 43 according to this as well. This makes me wonder if I accidentally used my LE ESM's that I cleaned instead of SE... oops...

But excluding those, I'm sitting at 35 individual ESPs that are using old form...

Geeze...

I do want to say though, that prior to having this issue, I had been running a couple of the older form mods and hadn't had issue, but with 35 new potential sources of failure, that seems to make an even bigger difference. This is a step that should be resolved, before we try to continue further, I think.

*edit* Alright, so I have just unchecked all ESPs that have form 43, uninstalled a few others I was considering removing anyways, and am going to go about my normal business trying to get this all to crap out. I'll even install a few other armor/weapon mods with updated form 44 just to see if I can raise the bar as far as forcing the corruption through the crafting menu. I'm not going to hold my breath, but if this works, well, then we all need to starts offering some updated ESPs to mod authors to help them along if they can't/won't do it themselves. Or just not use their mods.

Edited by Gothpunk4Christ

I changed all my mods to form 44 and get this issue after 20 minutes. I wonder if it has to do with Bashed patch. I use mator smash and it took me awhile not to get a crash on startup with certain mods such as Visual Master Spells or Visual Enchants

I changed all my mods to form 44 and get this issue after 20 minutes. I wonder if it has to do with Bashed patch. I use mator smash and it took me awhile not to get a crash on startup with certain mods such as Visual Master Spells or Visual Enchants

Well at least there's this.

We still shouldn't rule that out, but I'm having a little trouble figuring out how to go about testing. If I were to just straight up disable my bashed patch, that would effectively negate 4-5 major mods, because only the last one would win out and if it has something to do with injected leveled lists then I basically induce a false positive.

I'm still going to test this and see if it at least makes a difference for me. *edit* It did not make a difference. I also tested with no subtitles whatsoever.

Edited by Gothpunk4Christ

Well, I just spent a few hours converting all my old ESPs into new ones as well, then started a new game. Still get corrupt save after 20-30 min. This is mind boggling. I used to have a save where I played for days without it happening, and I cannot for the life of me figure out what I have now that I didn't have back then.

Yeah it really is frustrating. The only difference I can think of is that I didn't run a few mods that I THINK are a little heavier on the scripting (Convenient Horses, Better Vampires, though I still have no clue how heavy those actually are) and I didn't run nearly as many heavy leveled list injectors or wrye bash. But picking up wrye bash not only allowed me more freedom to run specific mods, but also helped me go gung-ho with even more mods, which in the end still didn't help lol.

If there's anything to be had with the scripts thing, then all I'm left is with a handful of mods, and digging through my save files I can't quite determine where a majority of my strings are coming from either.