Skyrim vs Elder Scrolls 2, 3, 4 and FO3(+NV).

dragonalumni

I am certainly feeling that Kingdoms Of Amalur might give Skyrim a bloody nose. Nothing to do with hype. I was checking something on my Amazon.co.uk account and I happened to find it in my recommendations. I clicked on it to read the blurb and saw a mention of Ken Rolston and his crew, Morrowind...and pre-ordered it.

...saw a mention of Ken Rolston and his crew, Morrowind...and pre-ordered it.

^this alone is enough to be excited.

But a hype based on what the PR guys want you to believe is usually misplaced. And you know only what the PR guys want you to believe, since I don't think, you've played any of these unpublished games.

The thing is, the main reason I listed those games is just because they are upcoming RPGs, not hype. It doesn't hurt that many of them are following solid predecessors. I have high hopes for Borderlands 2, but realize completely it could be a bomb. What I would like from you is citation references that support your claim that PC versions will be console ports and not vice-versa.

What I would like from you is citation references that support your claim that PC versions will be console ports and not vice-versa.

It's an assumption, just as your own assumption of them being great. My assumption is based on the fact that companies go where the money is. And that, sadly, is the console market.

And besides, when was the last game published that hadn't been a port?

What I would like from you is citation references that support your claim that PC versions will be console ports and not vice-versa.

It's an assumption, just as your own assumption of them being great. My assumption is based on the fact that companies go where the money is. And that, sadly, is the console market.

And besides, when was the last game published that hadn't been a port?

Minecraft, Postal III, FlatOut 3, and possiblly Trine 2 since it came out on PC first (just to name some recent releases). Do you even do any research? It's better than making assumptions. And where did I say any game I listed would be "great"? The games just have to be stable to be better than Skyrim.

And where did I say any game I listed would be "great"? The games just have to be stable to be better than Skyrim.

Yeah, give it a rest already.

I just remembered the way Skyrim got hyped when DAII turned out to be a turd. Your mentioning of future games in comparison to Skyrim gave me the impression the hype wheel is starting to turn again.

Didn't mean to make it look like I was venting my Skyrim frustration on you, but I won't stand for being accused of something unjustly. Cheers.

And I vented my frustration about the unevitable hype for future games without even having seen them in action. But obviously that wasn't your intent.