[LE] Mouth tri's help

MrStoob

Ahoy.

Skyrim related.

I've some NPCs I created with mouth issues (Noobshire's NPCs mod) and I'm looking for help in fixing it.

Out of the box, some of the NPC's mouths clip though the face. However, if I have a mouthhumanf.tri installed, it fixes the issue. I'm not entirely certain from where the tri came from, but as I say with that present the mouth acts correctly.

The issue is, I no longer have the files to re-create the facegendata mesh.

So! Would I be able to fix the existing facegendata mesh by re-pathing somehow, or would the user have to install a mouthhumanf.tri to fix it? I'd rather not have to make the user install a base default file, obv.

Thanks in advance.

Stoob

Edited by MrStoob

As this is the "General" Mod Author Discussion section, you should at least also mention the game.

(Though in this special case, going by the name of the mod you mentioned and a coincidentally named mod inside your signature, I'd wager a guess and say it's Skyrim... or one of them at least, but not everyone's going to investigate that far before deciding if they can help.)

• 2 weeks later...

The easiest way to resolve your problem would be to open up your face geometry mesh(es) in a 3d editor and manually move the mouth a little to prevent clipping.

In regards to your 're-pathing' suggestion, you can make a custom, head-part entry in the creation kit (a new mouth); within which, you can point to whatever .tri file you want. Unfortunately, the CK is kind of dumb about mouths and you can't assign a different one without changing the race entry (or making a new one to prevent conflicts). And of course, if you wanted to release your mod, you'd need to get permission to include the .tri file from whoever made them.