Talos worship

Lehcar

Seriously, I'm a High Elf, why can't the PC opt out of worshiping Talos?

I absolutely hate and despise Tiber Septim. Seriously, he had an affair with Barenziah and then forced her to have an abortion. That's absolutely disgusting. Things like that do not sit pretty with me.

How come the only dialogue options about the matter that we're given in the game are to say the player character believes in, or worships Talos? Seriously, for example, when you talk to Justiciars on the road and they confront you about it, where the hail is the option to honestly say "NO I do not worship stupid Talos!"? The only options are to say that you do, that you can worship whoever you want, or to remain silent, none of which suit me and all of which piss off the Justiciars and make them all hostile to you (which I don't like and don't want to do). Even if you yourself are a High Elf.

FFF I DO NOT want to believe in Talos! Darn you Bethesda! :(

Edited by Lehcar

FYI, Talos is well beyond the Gods. He's a CHIM. As such, his power and divinity is without question. We also don't know for sure if Talos forced Barenziah to have an abortion, simply that she did because of legitimacy issues.

That said, i do agree that dialogue choices are rather one sided. However, i think its more of a show of the flaws in Bethesda's conversation system than an attempt to make anyone a Talos worshiper.

The simple fact is that the Thalmor are not nice people. They are the antagonists in this story as much as Alduin. Bethesda kind of took it to an extreme and made interactions with them pretty two-dimensional, I'll admit, but if they let you butter them up too much they would have hamstrung the MQ. In the example you described, I would just hit tab, walk away, and pretend that I said something more sympathetic. Then wait for an appropriate mod to come out, as TimF mentioned.

Still fails, I don't like anything I've read about Tiber Septim and therefore I don't like him and my characters do not do not believe in him.

Its not a mater of beleif though, because he IS a god. Just because i don't like how Molag Bal conducts himself doesn't mean i can ignore him. Plus... you know... he has that bitching mace...

I agree that the conversational system is lacking. The game is rife with bad conversations, and it uses it almost exclusivly as a way to send you off on missions rather than an ingrossing part of the world. However, you can't deny Talos' divinity when we know full well he's not only a God, but a CHIM.