Need help solving this lighting glitch/bug where everything goes really dark

natranr

So I am having trouble with a glitch where if I look in a certain direction, the lighting engine breaks or something and it get's super dark no matter what. The Fr4nsson's Light Tweaks and ENBlocal fix doesn't seem to effect it with them on or off. The glitch happens both indoors and outdoors. Not sure if it's an ini setting gone wrong or what. I really want this glitch to be gone so I can fully enjoy my game. It really makes it hard to sneak around when I think it's really dark, but in truth it's not and I can be easily detected.

Glitch present: http://i.imgur.com/45A757z.png

Glitch not present: http://i.imgur.com/bZQHYBX.png

Using W10 64 bit and my mod load order is attached below.

Let me know if there is anything else you need from me to help diagnose this issue.

Thank you!

Edit: forgot to mention, when the glitch is present, turning on my Pipboy light doesn't illuminate the area at all.

Edit2: Now after some tinkering with ENB, it seems the glitch vanished when I disabled the Use fix with out graphics option. I'll go ahead and revert that to see if the glitch returns and return with my findings.

Edit3: Ok, it is confirmed that for what ever reason, using the speedhack patch in ENBlocal with out graphics option set to true causes this glitch for me. I guess I'll go find a nice ENB preset to go along with my Reshade.

Edited by natranr

So I am having trouble with a glitch where if I look in a certain direction, the lighting engine breaks or something and it get's super dark no matter what. The Fr4nsson's Light Tweaks and ENBlocal fix doesn't seem to effect it with them on or off. The glitch happens both indoors and outdoors. Not sure if it's an ini setting gone wrong or what. I really want this glitch to be gone so I can fully enjoy my game. It really makes it hard to sneak around when I think it's really dark, but in truth it's not and I can be easily detected.

Using W10 64 bit and my mod load order is attached below.

Let me know if there is anything else you need from me to help diagnose this issue.

Thank you!

Edit: forgot to mention, when the glitch is present, turning on my Pipboy light doesn't illuminate the area at all.

Edit2: Now after some tinkering with ENB, it seems the glitch vanished when I disabled the Use fix with out graphics option. I'll go ahead and revert that to see if the glitch returns and return with my findings.

Edit3: Ok, it is confirmed that for what ever reason, using the speedhack patch in ENBlocal with out graphics option set to true causes this glitch for me. I guess I'll go find a nice ENB preset to go along with my Reshade.

Fo4 has issues with saved game storage. so, to discuss this issue, we need to keep that in mind.

I have looked at the load order, you have a few mods installed that effect lighting.

There is a way to distinguish which one is at fault, but it requires some work on your part to maintain the integrity of that saved game so it does not store even more incorrect data within it.

How we save the game file and remove the data present is tricky business.

on entering the cell or cells where this takes place, we can isolate the mods by using blank plugins in place of the original mods.

you must maintain the exact load order for this to be effective.

once you decide which mods you want to see are effecting things? you must browse to that folder and move the plugin out to a safe place.

but before you do, you pick the mod out in xedit and create a new one with 1 extra character added to the mod name so the data is formed correctly. all replacement "blank mods / plugins " will have that number in the front of the mods name as to represent where i the load order it was found.

once you have finished them, move out the original mods and rename the numbered ones you made back to the original names they came from.

you have posted the load order here so you have an online backup of that information.

the game will load empty plugins and not know the data base has changed at all. but this will clean out the data they were injecting into the game, what you will see is raw vanilla staging take place. the saved game file must be backed up if you wish to keep it as is. But, this procedures saved game file will be a discovery file ,a work file for you to learn how things work. There won't be any damage to the archived saved game file, it will clean it.

once all of that has been done, you exit that cell, wait 3 minutes, and reenter it and see if the effect has been expunged from the saved game file.

kitty Black

I'm not even sure if it was caused by any mods, the issue went away when I set the usespeedhackpatchwithoutgraphics to false.

Ok..ENB data is not something I;m into, I deal in Default game software's, augmented display configurations outside the games programing is not something I was counting on, I am sorry, your on your own.

I'm not even sure if it was caused by any mods, the issue went away when I set the usespeedhackpatchwithoutgraphics to false.

Ok..ENB data is not something I;m into, I deal in Default game software's, augmented display configurations outside the games programing is not something I was counting on, I am sorry, your on your own.

Thanks though! like I said, I already fixed the issue, so it's all good! Now I just wish I could get a solid 60FPS with both ENB and ReShade togeth, but 45FPS is enough for me. That's about how much I get for Skyrim SE, though ENB for that doesn't do much anyways.

Man, I love BethSoft and the whole modding scene. I don't know where I would be without it all!

Next thing I should work on is making sure LOOT is sorting my load order right. I actually added some new mods, switched some out for another mod. Like switched out Darker Nights for True Nights, then since I was missing modded sneak detection, went with Arbitration which helped do some balancing for Survival. No more Nade spams from raiders!

So far nothing seems to be out of order, all is working and no CTD. Random CTD would be devastating with Survival, especially if I was going for a maxed out adrenaline perk.