turn anything into a container

Rattlerx5150

I'm curious as to the "why" of using such a convoluted method versus right clicking in the container section, selecting new, and pointing to the nif you wish to use?

for many objects you could just create a container out of them, like the clothing objects that sit on the floor when dropped, but for things like guns, being they are multipart items, its not a single nif that makes up the weapon, so you'd have to create a loadscreen / static collection object out of it in order to make it a persistent static, or assimble your own single nif using nifscope. The loadscreen method works good for things like the weapons.

It may sound convoluted, but for some situations it is better suited thant a simple container mesh swap. I use activator boxes linked to reference containers for interactive shelving, where a script on the container enables static clutter on an empty shelf when items are placed into it. Yeah, you can do this with a normal container but for some meshes the trigger method is the way to go...a personal and situational preference. In the case of an empty shelf mesh, using a trigger box allows me to customize the activation area to be as large or as small as I want.

There might also be situations that for whatever reason, you don't want the fast loot menu you get with a normal container. This method gives you the basic activation prompt that can name anything you want.

Back to the OP:

You say you can't check the Player Activation box on your trigger box? Are you sure it's the DefaultEmptyTrigger activator you're duplicating? How are you creating your trigger boxes? I use these all the time and the only problem I ever have is forgetting to check that box until I test it and it doesn't work.