ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Wifes clothes

yerfdog

So I married Sylgja - she's pretty and I kind of felt sorry for her living alone and working as a miner. Used a few console commands to get rid of the ugly mining clothes and gave her the loveley Nocturnal dress.....but every time I reload she's back to wearing those scabby mining clothes.

Is divorce my only option?

Think I might marry a sexy barmaid instead.

Pretty much, until the CK, so we can modify the NPC's default clothing/outfit/equipment, it'll just keep respawning every time you save/reload ...

There is an NPC editor on the Nexus, I haven't looked at it deeply but maybe it allows you to change there default loadout

@yerfdog: There is a mod that claims to allow to equip the follower/companion with any clothes or armor. Not tested it myself, but you can give it a try rather than manually editing NPCs.

Follower Tweaks:

http://www.skyrimnex...ile.php?id=3111

Edited by vvk78

I had a similar issue with my Dunmeri missus. I solved it by using the console to remove her old clothes, so all she had was that enticing Nocturnal piece. I find that if a NPC has their original set still in their inventory, they will automatically revert when you relog. The only way to remove the original sets is through the console.

I used the remove all items command then gave the Nocturnal dress - next time I loaded there she was in scabby mining outfit.

So.....I download the divorce mod http://www.skyrimnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=2224 and drop it in the data folder with the intention of dumping the *censored* next time I hit home - I get there - she's sat at the table in the Nocturnal dress! Talk about womens intuition.

I've got the bat file now, I'll use it as a caveat for her - baby got to look her best or she gwon hit the road.

Enchanting an item doesn't work BTW ... NPC's only seem to care about the base armor rating, so you can give them the top of the line Archmage Robe, but they'll wear the bog standard hide armor because it has a better armor rating, however stealing their clothes with the console does work to a degree, except most times on save/reload or hire/fire the'yll default back to there grunge look again

If you use the removeallitems command, you are pretty much guaranteed that the NPC will revert to its default clothes.

You have to leave one of their default items, or it will reset the entire batch.

What I've had to do is remove each item , one by one, and leave either the gloves or the boots.

Then give them the new equipment.

If they don't automatically equip the new gear I have to use the 'equipitem' command for each new item.

I thought this thread was going to be about men who enjoy wearing their wives clothes... I better... I better go change.

But seriously, I have this problem too. I married Mjoll, and I gave her some sweet Steel Plate Armor, and when I drop her off at home and go off on my own, I come back and see her in her old crappy iron armor. I'm not sure why she'd change back into that, unless her armor levels up with her?