Hi, I'm new to modding and have a couple questions!

Daredevil473

Hey all, I'm extremely new to all of this and not all that savvy in this area. I know it's possible to make a second mod folder with nothing in it to circumvent the crashes associated with Black Emporium and Trespasser and Descent (from what i've gathered).

That's what i've understood from people talking about the issue but when it comes to actually doing it, I'm a little unsure.

I know when I run the DAI Mod Manager it merges the mods into a folder but I have no idea after that. I'm curious about making a second file with no mods that will conflict and crash with DLCs and i'm also curious on if I can add mods to my current game without having to restart it (assuming they dont conflict with currently used mods of course)

Could somebody who knows this stuff walk me through it like i'm 5?

Hello Daredevil473

You don't have to create a second, empty folder. You can also just open your mod folder as always with ModManager and make just a double click at every mod you don't want. If the little cross on the left side of the mod is gone, it means this mod isn't active.

http://up.picr.de/27938145gr.jpg

Of course it also works if you just use an empty folder, if you want to disable all your mods. You don't have to worry that this will crash your game or anything else. There are some mods which don't work in the DLC's ( for example: hair mods ) but as you can read here: http://daimodder.tumblr.com/ "When a hair mod doesn’t work it is not the hair mod itself, it’s the base for that gender/race."

I don't know if it's necessary but I always delete the previous "Patch_ModManagerMerge folder" before I merge a new one - but I think that your old folder is overwritten with the new one.

To put it briefly: you can merge as many different mod folders as you want, it shouldn't happen that a second folder is created and you get a conflict.

Basically you can always change each of your savegames with different mods, your file/current game remains intact. As you already know, you have to go to the Black Emporium for some mods to see them on your character.

But you have to leave/restart the game every time, if you want to create a new merge folder. You can't merge the game while it's still running!

I hope I could help you and let me know, if I misunderstood one of your questions! :smile: