Where's the CK?

Trhanec2

It's the Construction Set, btw :)

The Creation Kit is only in Fallout.

You're wrong. For Skyrim, it's called the Creation Kit. For Fallout, it was called the GECK. If you think it's still called the Creation Set for Skyrim, you might want to email Bethesda and correct them on that. ;)

Keep in mind that Skryim operates on a modified* engine than Oblivion's.

Fixed that for ya.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bugthesda said the construction set release will be beginning in january, so that means september

.......in 2031

This isnt Atom Creations* or Minecraft we are talking about. If we get it, it will be before March at the most.

*If you havent heard of it Good.

Edited by ModelV

Actually, they originally promised the CK to released at the same time as the game.

Again, no they did not. They always said they were Trying or they Hoped. There is one statement in an official release, in the middle of a conversation, where they come anywhere near to an assurance it will be out for the games release, and even then the final conclusion of the release directly contradicts that.

Actually, they originally promised the CK to released at the same time as the game.

Again, no they did not. They always said they were Trying or they Hoped. There is one statement in an official release, in the middle of a conversation, where they come anywhere near to an assurance it will be out for the games release, and even then the final conclusion of the release directly contradicts that.

:rolleyes:

You mean this?

We put a big premium on our editor, which we then ship with the games. It’s going to come out again with Skyrim, the Creation Kit. So when it comes to content creation, we just have so much of it that we have to put a lot of development time into the tools, because the game is so big.

We’re hoping [the Creation Kit] will be available as a download on launch day. I don’t know if I can promise day-one, but it will be very close.

He used weasel phrases, slimy turd. First he said 'it's going to come out again with Skyrim', not after, not before, but with - along side, at the same time. He said that immediately after giving a ra-ra on how much importance they put on their editors that 'ship with the games'. Then in the second paragraph he changes it to 'hoping'. Misleading if not directly contradictory of what he just said.

Nevertheless, two months is not 'very close' by any stretch. Rabbit pancake - your argument is invalid.

:rolleyes:

You mean this?

We put a big premium on our editor, which we then ship with the games. It’s going to come out again with Skyrim, the Creation Kit. So when it comes to content creation, we just have so much of it that we have to put a lot of development time into the tools, because the game is so big.

We’re hoping [the Creation Kit] will be available as a download on launch day. I don’t know if I can promise day-one, but it will be very close.

He used weasel phrases, slimy turd. First he said 'it's going to come out again with Skyrim', not after, not before, but with - along side, at the same time. He said that immediately after giving a ra-ra on how much importance they put on their editors that 'ship with the games'. Then in the second paragraph he changes it to 'hoping'. Misleading if not directly contradictory of what he just said.

Nevertheless, two months is not 'very close' by any stretch. Rabbit pancake - your argument is invalid.

All that does is fully support my statement. The fact that he quickly took the political route and used vague quantifiers does not change the fact that they made no concrete promise. Don't get me wrong, the wait is getting to me as much as anyone else, but i'm not going to drag someone over the coals for something they didn't say. For being vague and directly avoiding the question, sure, but not for something they didn't say.

As for the 'very close' thing. In the grand schemes of things 100 years ago is 'very close'. Less than a heartbeat in fact. It's all about perspective.

And what the hell is a rabbit pancake? Sounds delicious really...

Bethesda never said the START OF JANUARY. They said Starting IN JANUARY.

2 Completely different meanings.

Start of January - 1st January

Starting in January - 1st January - 31st January

Expect it before 1st February.

That's how I look at it.

I check daily though, but if it's not out, then oh well, as long as it's out 31st January at the latest I'm happy cause they stuck to when they said they would.

Yes, when we hit the 1st of February, THEN the CK has become a lie.

I'm all for people getting up in arms about things. Making your complaints known is the best way to bring about change. But its important people get uppity about the right things. Bethesda has not, so far, broken any promise on deiverance of the CK. They (through Howard, the little slime-goat) have been evasive, vague and borderline republican about the whole thing, but they have yet to break a promise regarding it.