Where's the CK?

Trhanec2

if you were as persistent in your social live i bet you can become presidents(or whatever it is at the top of the social pyramid)

Ew, who wants to be President? Talk about misery!

You could put anything in that spot though. The simple formula is: "Stop having fun and you can be 'x'". But you're working on two assumptions: one, that people here don't already work hard, and two that life is so simple as "work hard and you can be a superstar!".

No offense, but both are rather naive. You work hard, you play hard. I've yet to meet a person who can live life without diversion and if clinical psychologists are to be believed, such a thing is impossible.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before 11.11.11: countless days wasted waiting for Skyrim (you can't keep playing Oblivion after you've been brainwashed by Bethesda)

After 11.11.11: countless days wasted waiting for CK (the main quest only lasts a couple of days, then all is left is... a first person shooter game!)

Bugthesda said the construction set release will be beginning in january, so that means september

Ha :biggrin: This.

Alright then.

Can you just accept the fact that some people bought Skyrim for the story and gameplay, and others (evidently like yourself) bought it merely to use the Creation Kit?

Is it so hard to accept that not everyone buys a game solely for the modding tools?

Rubbish.

I didn't buy it solely to use the Creation Kit. Stop putting words in my mouth and misconstruing what I am saying. You clearly haven't read ANYTHING that I have said. The Creation Kit is a necessity because the game is a seriously borked beta release. I have never played any other Bethesda game that had so many bugs, certainly not so many broken quests for example. I wish we did not so desperately need the CK, and could get on with playing. But since Bethesda seem to have no inclination whatsoever to fix the bugs in any kind of hurry, then what I have been saying (as you would have noted if you had actually read my posts instead of trying to make cheap shots) is, give us the CK and let us have at it ourselves. Let the Unofficial Oblivion patch team give it a go, for example.

if you were as persistent in your social live i bet you can become presidents(or whatever it is at the top of the social pyramid)

Ew, who wants to be President? Talk about misery!

You could put anything in that spot though. The simple formula is: "Stop having fun and you can be 'x'". But you're working on two assumptions: one, that people here don't already work hard, and two that life is so simple as "work hard and you can be a superstar!".

No offense, but both are rather naive. You work hard, you play hard. I've yet to meet a person who can live life without diversion and if clinical psychologists are to be believed, such a thing is impossible.

i guess my statement was kinda naive now that i think of it and the president part was supposed to be a joke but clearly i lack the sense of humor :sweat:

and i didnt say stop having fun what i meant is to not get a nervous breakdown over a game

sorry if it was offensive in any way

Alright then.

Can you just accept the fact that some people bought Skyrim for the story and gameplay, and others (evidently like yourself) bought it merely to use the Creation Kit?

Is it so hard to accept that not everyone buys a game solely for the modding tools?

Rubbish.

I didn't buy it solely to use the Creation Kit. Stop putting words in my mouth and misconstruing what I am saying. You clearly haven't read ANYTHING that I have said. The Creation Kit is a necessity because the game is a seriously borked beta release. I have never played any other Bethesda game that had so many bugs, certainly not so many broken quests for example. I wish we did not so desperately need the CK, and could get on with playing. But since Bethesda seem to have no inclination whatsoever to fix the bugs in any kind of hurry, then what I have been saying (as you would have noted if you had actually read my posts instead of trying to make cheap shots) is, give us the CK and let us have at it ourselves. Let the Unofficial Oblivion patch team give it a go, for example.

Gee thats funny because I'm currently on 70+ hours in my first character save, and haven't experienced a single bug.

And I apologize if my earlier post was misconstrued as being directed towards you personally, its pointed towards that group of people who believe that Skyrim is merely a test bed for their mods. I know thats what they do, but do they have to seriously rag on the vanilla game as if it was from the 9th circle of hell?

Then consider yourself extraordinarily lucky (like, lottery-winner lucky).

I don't think so. I've got more than that into my character, and I've experienced exactly two CTDs, both of which happened when I was trying out one of the "performance beta" releases of the Catalyst video drivers, so were almost certainly not caused by the game itself. Other than the well-known quest bugs like Blood on the Ice, the game has been pretty much flawless for me.

Look closer.

I get CTD and have always had these but they are more regular now than they have been at approx every couple of hours. I've had empty dead dragons falling out of the sky, I even had a bear the other day, Floppy rubbery dragons or their skeletons that won't dissapear, stuff floating high above the surface of where it should be, sometimes a character will rewind and repeat, theres clipping, I seem to be able to scatter clutter for miles just by walking through it, Theres a Mannequin attached to the ceiling of my house in Riften, Ice trolls unable to get up a simple stair, easy to kill :) Last night in the north I looked up and there were fishes swimming above me in the sky. NPCs posed and sliding across the landscape, Several quests refusing to go away from the quest menu after completion, the most irritating one so far is the Blood on the Ice followed closely by Visit the College of Winterhold, at times I can see inside of npcs (they're hollow where is the collision thingy?) Riding a horse in some perspectives will show you striding thin air, no horse. Some times my opponent will just stand there as if paralysed and take the hits for no reason that I can see. My kit btw is running Vanilla Skyrim latest patch and no mods till game finish and CK is in place, Win7 64bit dedicated games install nothing elseruns on it. AMD Phenom II 965 BE, 4GB ram, 2x Radeon 5770 xfire running Ultra with shadows on high. Current Catalyst is 12.1 Preview, game play is smooth and I hardly notice any performance loss in cities like Markath. I check integrity, defrag and chkdsk regularly. Most problems I ignore and as I save regularly, CTD hardly affects my game play.

I think the game could be more robust. In my experience with Oblivion, the modding community can do the game justice in a way which the publisher seems incapable of, I don't know why but perhaps its a case of what standards you apply and how much enthusiasm you have, where you want to draw the line. I personnaly would like the above issues fixed together with others, but I can appreciate some might find the aberations acceptable. There is room for improvement.

I would just like to say CHILL THE HELL OUT! It get's released when it gets released. If you want "news" on the CK then keep checking for updates on the Beth Blog or on some of their Twitter pages, that's where you will find all the information you need. If anything happens with the CK it will be on those first because I doubt you will find any news on the CK any where else UNLESS something gets leaked (somehow) but I wouldn't trust it unless it got the O.K from Bethesda. Forgive my quick answer but after reading some of these replys I just wanted to get what I knew out there for all to see. That is all...