So no-one knows how remove the borders in the map?

xeightballx

NOT bBorderRegionsEnabled=0 !!

I am talking about the map of Skyrim that you pull up from the game menu. I get a little annoyed that it can't get a better angle behind Solitude, or that the closest view of Markarth on the map isn't even at Markarth. The border/invisible wall/whatever that prevents you from looking over the whole map just seems like something that shouldn't be there in the first place.

Does anyone, anyone at all, know how to edit the menu map so that there are no borders on it? Or at least how to move back the borders/restrictions so that you could move the cursor freely?

This -> [Camera Move Area]

Title is misleading but whatever, theres a mod which allows you to zoom in to see indiviual buildings so that might let you go past the map's restrictions, have a search for it!

Quality World Maps w/ Roads

^ GREAT mod I've been using since it came out... not only does it make the map actually 3d with buildings and landscapes, but you can zoom in WAY further and get a closer look at details around the world. With this mod you can also turn the camera angle and it seems as though you can go a bit further then the vanilla map.

I'd STRONGLY recommend installing this mod. For me, it's a MUST-HAVE for my game experience.