faction wepons

coolphoton1234

....Regarding energy weapons for the Institute I was disappointed in the base game's selection and I haven't really seen any mods yet that spoke to me....

...Giving the Minutemen older standard issue weapons isn't a bad idea though, especially if you assume that all the modern military stockpiles would have been cleaned out or claimed by a major faction long ago.

As I am using the Weaponsmith mega mod I have found the CROSS Plasrail to be...sufficiently high tech to go with the institute. It is even hard hitting enough to almost qualify as a heavy weapon.

On the Minutemen, that was basically my thought as well, the other thing is that these designs are old, well tested, widely distributed, and they could conceivably be manufactured with relative ease. I could picture Stuges and/or Ronnie setting some small scale manufacturing up for spare parts if nothing else.

• 2 weeks later...

As an update I have decided on the M54 Gatling Rifle (named or leader NPCs), gamma gun, small melee{knives} (Civilians), radium rifle, MK14 EBR, large blunt melee{Super sledge, sledge hammer} (Guards) for the CotA with all the balistic weapons firing depleted uranium rounds and/or with the Irradiated or Plasma Infused legionaries.

the M54 Gatling Rifle because it seems to match up with the marine armors bleeding edge prewar tech, sort of a light Gatling gun to go with the pseudo powered armor

Basically the same logic goes for the MK14 EBR.

• 1 month later...