Immersion Tweak and Mod Ideas List

LightShadeInc

@Kiloku. I have something like that in the list, but I updated it to include top-tier positions. I think it would be the most immersive if these comments were specifically linked to the armor you are wearing. Since print media is ultra uncommon, your face wouldn't necessarily be instantly recognizable to anyone except to where the factions are located.

@DragonbornP I added a bunch of your details to the 'sleep' list item. I'm going to leave out pajamas and specific items to make the mod ideas more open ended. It's under the heavy immersion list.

There were three mods I had in mind the other day that I was thinking about.

A player essential mod with injury, similar to Dragon Age. Dying, reloading and dying, reloading and dying really breaks game flow, and I found success in kills achieved that way to be cheap. Getting staggered, only able to stand again once the threat has been eliminated by a companion or by crawling away helplessly and taking a potion to recover might be a much better alternative to death. Injuries like "fracture" or "concussion" which lower health, magika, or stamina as well as impeding movement speed may be a good incentive to stay up the first time around. Also, 'cure ailments' could replace cure disease so patching up the injuries with potions would be alright.

Another idea I had was useful nongear. Basically, normal clothing could have helpful, noncombat, unbreakable enchantments attached, such as speech bonuses, better prices, better sleep buffs, or better crafting bonuses (like smithing and a blacksmiths apron). And perhaps these could be automatically equipped when walking into a nonhostile cell, like an inn, shop, or an entire town cell like whiterun or solitude.

I was also giving a survival mod a bit of thought. In New Vegas I remember there being hardcore mode where eating, sleeping and drinking were all important. However, I found eating to feel unfulfilling, as it just felt like I was clicking things on a menu screen rather than actually eating. Perhaps if an animation was attached, it would feel more satisfying to the mind. Also, on the note of sleeping, perhaps if there were a bonus to be gained by sitting down and relaxing for a short time? Just a thought.

As far as inebriation goes, I thought quite a bit about that last night. I see it like this: each alchohol has a "proof". Lets say blackbriar is 50 proof, whereas nord mead is 65. If you drink one, movement is impared, and a visual effect is added (perhaps a blur accompanied by a sensitivity to light). If you drink another within 3 minutes of the first one, the proof will be added up. Once you reach, lets say, 200, you blackout. Afterwards, you could wake up floating down a river, or stranded naked ontop of a mountain. The opportunities for hilarity is endless.

I wanted to try making these, but I've never modded anything before, and I'm not sure where to even begin. If someone could help me figure these out, maybe exchange ideas with me, I would be eternally grateful.

Let me know what you think.

Calin

A player essential mod with injury, similar to Dragon Age. Dying, reloading and dying, reloading and dying really breaks game flow, and I found success in kills achieved that way to be cheap. Getting staggered, only able to stand again once the threat has been eliminated by a companion or by crawling away helplessly and taking a potion to recover might be a much better alternative to death. Injuries like "fracture" or "concussion" which lower health, magika, or stamina as well as impeding movement speed may be a good incentive to stay up the first time around. Also, 'cure ailments' could replace cure disease so patching up the injuries with potions would be alright.

Yes yes yes! I was just thinking this tonight. If only I knew how to set stuff to get this thing to function. Marking the player entry in the CK essential doesn't cut it, so there has to be some other way, I think.. I'd love to do it if I knew what direction to take.

• 1 month later...

There were three mods I had in mind the other day that I was thinking about.

Another idea I had was useful nongear. Basically, normal clothing could have helpful, noncombat, unbreakable enchantments attached, such as speech bonuses, better prices, better sleep buffs, or better crafting bonuses (like smithing and a blacksmiths apron). And perhaps these could be automatically equipped when walking into a nonhostile cell, like an inn, shop, or an entire town cell like whiterun or solitude.

I was also giving a survival mod a bit of thought. In New Vegas I remember there being hardcore mode where eating, sleeping and drinking were all important. However, I found eating to feel unfulfilling, as it just felt like I was clicking things on a menu screen rather than actually eating. Perhaps if an animation was attached, it would feel more satisfying to the mind. Also, on the note of sleeping, perhaps if there were a bonus to be gained by sitting down and relaxing for a short time? Just a thought.

As far as inebriation goes, I thought quite a bit about that last night. I see it like this: each alchohol has a "proof". Lets say blackbriar is 50 proof, whereas nord mead is 65. If you drink one, movement is impared, and a visual effect is added (perhaps a blur accompanied by a sensitivity to light). If you drink another within 3 minutes of the first one, the proof will be added up. Once you reach, lets say, 200, you blackout. Afterwards, you could wake up floating down a river, or stranded naked ontop of a mountain. The opportunities for hilarity is endless.

I wanted to try making these, but I've never modded anything before, and I'm not sure where to even begin. If someone could help me figure these out, maybe exchange ideas with me, I would be eternally grateful.

Let me know what you think.

Calin

I like most of these ideas a lot. I like the never dying for two reasons. One you gave, which is the "incentive to live" concept. The other is that you are a living prophecy...in actuality, you CAN'T die...so some form of suffering would be interesting.

The gear itself doesn't appeal to me in terms of immersion, but the auto-switching does. Outfit hotkeys would be very nice.

Some people are creating really awesome survival mods now, if you see this post, check them out. And inebriation based on proof is a very good way to handle it. The blackout time travel is an interesting idea, but in terms of pure immersion, i think waking up in prison or on the road would be a good idea...or if you were in the wild, you could be robbed or naked. You're right, there are endless possibilities.

I updated the main post with a TON of awesome mods and ideas. I specifically want to point out the incredible Frostfall mod. This winter survival mod is not only exactly what this game needed, it is exactly how I envisioned a winter survival mod to be. I couldn't be happier with it.

A little diffrent job, if someone could chop of some limbs, and add some bandaged parts, for wounds missing arms, ears, huge scared barbaian and orcs, with a little bit of depth two there wounds, like from a dragon tearing through there steel, have that steel ripped, or dents in armor. Immersive battle evidence, im trying to make a battle mod/quest mod with layers of dragons, with chewed on corpses, or a chared knight in armor,melted to his face. But have nothing to add, I want some things to add to the immersive feel, and there are only a few things Bethesda gave me and everyone has ssen them, I want some limbless vetrans, and wounded. Also for awsome immerssion the easy task of adding some arrows and battle scars to already modled shields and armor. even arrows in killshot postions and similar things for fallen corpses, I want to add bodies with stories for lots of immersion so what you give me will make stories if your up for it any of these things you make will turn into a story, and point at you of course for all the credit, without these awsome models, I can only make the small battle mode I am currently working on, but so many more possible things could come of any addidtions I have listed. I have asked others aswell, but so far nothing. Of course even if others make stuff your work will be awsomely used and duely praised and credited.

This is another requests for my Battle/immersive quest production. That would greatly improve upon my mod,

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/566099-immersion-please/

This one is a bit more for script and modeling, but maybe if you could supply the item, I could at least use that. And maybe find somone in the future for the script.

Thanks, your awsome if you make these!! :wub: :D :yes: :yes: PLease!?