Nuka-World Gangs

Lehcar

Just finished Nuka..(yeah,I never really bothered with it before and now i got bored enough) and what a waste of potential... I´m the OverBoss and every damn Raider wannabe treats me with scorn and threats? . there is so much that could have been and yet.. it just falls flat,like the rest of the game.. but i did find out one thing for the people who want to go "Open Season" you can waltz around the Park killing every Raider that has no name..nobody cares!.. then,when you´ve offed anyone remotely capable of helping the "Bosses".. you just rip out Cages heart and proceed ,in an orderly fashion to the respective bosses hideouts and kill them leisurely.. this actually made me go "you gotta be kidding me!!!" on the game ... so í´ll quit FO4 for a good long time now and go back to Vegas.. at least there´s a story there

still say its more fun to just

kill 'em all

I really like the sniper perk from the operators. The Pack leader seemed too arrogant to not bump off so that is the group I terminated. However, I still have the option after all of that to kill them all as you suggest and turn the park over to the traders. I am thinking of doing that right before I start a new game. I still have the wonderful Outcasts and Remnants to finish first and I might try The Code.

Does anyone know if the Traders really benefit from that gang slaughter?

Glad I used that mod which enabled me to finish the main quest and skip the quest requiring me to raid my settlements. I will go for that snipers perk much earlier next game. It would make sense to do Nuka-World before Far Harbor. Wish there was some way to postpone the Automaton DLC till later, but I know I would bump into Ada inadvertently through other quests.

• 3 weeks later...
The way I justify Nuka-World is using tough means to create a more stable government then what the Minutemen try to do by merely protecting them which in all leaves the settlements weakened as they have no defenses or their own army because the Minutemen take care of everything.

That's probably why when the Minutemen broke apart the entire commonwealth went to crap.

the settlers are the Minutemen, that is why they say "we'll join the minutemen" when you help settlements (if you have started Preston's quests). they aren't saying that they will totally rely on you (although the game mechanics would make you think that) they are saying that they will stand and fight alongside you to defend the commonwealth. it's why signal flares and calls for artillery only work close to settlements that have joined you.

I do have to say that Bethesda missed a trick or two in Nuka World. Open Season should have turned Nuka World into the biggest settlement of the whole Commonwealth. it already rivals Diamond City and Bunker Hill in trade. with MM or BoS protecting it, it could go a long way to restoring order. once Open Season is finished you've got an empty theme park that you can't do anything with

Open season should have been done totally different and killing the gang leaders is not murder as long as killing raiders is not murder wth?

What the should have done was based it on what the player was wearing after fighting the overboss. Show up as the MM general in that uniform and they immediately go aggro on ya. Show up as silver shroud same thing maybe tie it to BoS armor pieces or uniforms too. They could have also done something to check if the player has listened to the radio signal and if so then some new dialogue with kells or preston would have opened up and started open season IF the player finished the overboss while wearing the appropriate attire. After exiting the area while wearing the right stuff the related faction supports would spawn all over nuka town and help the player get rid of the gangs. This would still allow the player to go through the nuka world quests as long as they didn't dress as general or BoS member. Oh and make the slave npcs run for cover good grief.

• 1 month later...

Operators are my favorite, but I usually end up siding with the Pack too. I just can't stand the Disciples attitudes. I did a playthrough where I sided with Operators + Disciples and afterwords the Disciple new recruits would say "Oh you favored us? that means you like us.... or are scared of us." Excuse me?

I wish I could kill new recruits for disrespect without pissing off the gangs. Ugh