[WIP] Belua Sanguinare Revisited

Jakisthe

I haven't tested the heart system yet (obviously). But I do think you need to have a way to go for a long time without having a follower nearby. I personally hate followers. I got to level 50+ with only using followers when I had to (companion-based quests). I really don't want to have to leave a quest/location to feed all the time. That is why I proposed having the option to bottle instead as well as feed. To me the life force is IN the blood. Maybe bottling takes something like 50-90% of an NPC's health. So you can only do it once per follower unless you want to drain them dry.

Especially for sires who are not going to have the restoration tree or potions. I seem to remember only being allowed to carry a single heart at a time. If this is case you are going to be really weak without a follower around to feed from.

Edited by nskin039

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't tested the heart system yet (obviously). But I do think you need to have a way to go for a long time without having a follower nearby. I personally hate followers. I got to level 50+ with only using followers when I had to (companion-based quests). I really don't want to have to leave a quest/location to feed all the time. That is why I proposed having the option to bottle instead as well as feed. To me the life force is IN the blood. Maybe bottling takes something like 50-90% of an NPC's health. So you can only do it once per follower unless you want to drain them dry.

Especially for sires who are not going to have the restoration tree or potions. I seem to remember only being allowed to carry a single heart at a time. If this is case you are going to be really weak without a follower around to feed from.

There's no limit to carrying hearts. They are effectively your bottled blood idea and are harvested straight from victims. The only challenge is getting to them within 10 seconds of death, and you can't still be in combat. The only thing I would change if we were to consider bottling blood would be that they'd satiate you more than hearts because of the extra work and ingredients involved. But on that note, you have full control over how much satiation a heart provides. By default it's only 5. I'm really not having a problem staying fed right now but that may be because I haven't focused, recently, on questing and more on just wandering around and getting myself into opportunities.

I hope you'll be able to test this soon. :) The idea was to specifically NOT require a follower. In fact, I'm trying to think of good ways to limit using a follower that make sense to the player so that you can't exploit them. Honestly though, with Vampire's Kiss, and the current rate of harvesting hearts. I think you'll survive well enough. We'll see.

-MM

Well, nskin, you have to recall that vampires have alternate methods for gaining health as well.

-Hearts, which as MM points out are our means to replace potions

-Battlefeeding, which is also a combat move

-Blood Rend, for that area o' effect draining fun!

-Drain, for the long range single target one

-The greatly increased health regen in shade.

I've been playing a Sire for my testing, and I've generally been able to get along fine.

I think bottling blood, while another layer on top of the immersion, would either simply replace potions (which negates the point of taking them out) or replace hearts (which we....already have :happy:)

Edited by Jakisthe

Well, nskin, you have to recall that vampires have alternate methods for gaining health as well.

-Hearts, which as MM points out are our means to replace potions

-Battlefeeding, which is also a combat move

-Blood Rend, for that area o' effect draining fun!

-Drain, for the long range single target one

-The greatly increased health regen in shade.

I've been playing a Sire for my testing, and I've generally been able to get along fine.

I think bottling blood, while another layer on top of the immersion, would either simply replace potions (which negates the point of taking them out) or replace hearts (which we....already have :happy:)

Sounds good. Once in beta testing we will all have a better idea. But per your comments above I don't think should be any problems. Especially since you can carry multiple hearts.

Hey, when the beta is out I want people to think of some good names. I want some replaces for things like Vampire's Kiss, and Drain Blood. based on how they work and whatnot. Knock Knock Knocking...

-MM

Annoyingly enough, my Internet isn't working ATM (thanks college!) and I'm writing this from my phone network. Anyway, MM fixed the few flaws I could find with the build yesterday, and although I haven't been able to test those changes, there wasn't much major. It's looking like you guys are gunna be in for a fun weekend!

MM-I thought that being the case with the LOD at first when flying, but I was able to teleport into a city and that worked fine. At any rate, beta testers...don't try flying into a city!

Annoyingly enough, my Internet isn't working ATM (thanks college!) and I'm writing this from my phone network. Anyway, MM fixed the few flaws I could find with the build yesterday, and although I haven't been able to test those changes, there wasn't much major. It's looking like you guys are gunna be in for a fun weekend!

MM-I thought that being the case with the LOD at first when flying, but I was able to teleport into a city and that worked fine. At any rate, beta testers...don't try flying into a city!

Interesting! You must have hit a trigger box on teleport!

-MM

Hey, when the beta is out I want people to think of some good names. I want some replaces for things like Vampire's Kiss, and Drain Blood. based on how they work and whatnot. Knock Knock Knocking...

-MM

For the go to sleep power howabout:

Adduco somnus (persuade/charm/influence sleep)

This is my googling attempt at Latin. Any Latin expert out there please correct me.

-MM

For the go to sleep power howabout:

Adduco somnus (persuade/charm/influence sleep)

This is my googling attempt at Latin. Any Latin expert out there please correct me.

Hmmm...missing that ring to it... According to google Somnus is the NOUN form of sleep. I.e. Sleep as a condition rather to got to sleep as a verb but then I'm no latin expert either.

Speaking of ... Got back together with my Romanian friend and she said that a lot of the translations into Romanian would just not sound right when spelled in english, and if spelled phonetically would just be laughable for most of them so.... Since I want to keep the language count down (we're already mixing some latin and italian) I think we'll forget about romanian naming conventions.

-MM